www directory
Posted by: JCme (---.8-2.cable.virginm.net)
Date: April 06, 2022 06:39PM

I noticed that the newest installation of WAMP does not display www directory folder in the MENU.
Is there a way to add this or edit any file that would display the directory in the menu?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: www directory
Date: April 06, 2022 10:16PM

Could someone respond to this question? Please.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 07, 2022 09:58AM

Hi,

> Could someone respond to this question? Please.

Here, you are not on any emergency line.
You ask a question and two hours later you are surprised not to get an answer!
But, even on an emergency line we say Hello, it's the least of the politenesses more especially as the answer is under your eyes, in the changelog of Wampserver:

Wampserver 3.2.5
Option to see www dir in Menu

As you are going to be lazy to look for where this option is and want to get everything, right away and without any effort:
Right-Click Wampmanager icon -> Wamp settings -> Show www folder in menu

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: April 07, 2022 12:49PM

Hello!,

Goodness, there is no need to be so over the top with your response!

Where all this presumption of me going to be lazy come from!?! If I was I would not even bother to try to find the answer to this problem. First of all, I have exhausted all possible TO ME places to look for an answer.
I searched, I went to Stack Overflow, I checked the documentation and looked through your Sticky notes - all of them - I even noticed that one of your latest version images did not have it in the menu, hence the question.

I am here, in this forum for the first time. And ONLY because I spend more than 4+ hours trying to find the place that would correspond to turn this on. But - and this might be of use to some other pundits if they get the same problem as me - this is NOT for my WAMP server version. Mine is 3.2.3 and had this directory turned on by default.

However, people I am trying to help with those settings, have the latest version, and I am trying to do it remotely. I have no access to their computer. So, I tried to search if in my case there is an option to swith this OFF (logically, if there would be option to 'show', the opposite would be to 'hide'. Unfortunately this isn't an option in my version of WAMP menu, therefore I posted the question.

So forgive me that I am still not very familiar with the so called 'chengelog' and that this is where I should be looking for an answer. Is this something, when clicked, downloads as so called 'readme' file? If yes, it doesn't say anything about WWW directory in the menu.

Wait! I just found your changelog by following Wampserver - Files and Addons, Halleluyah!

I very much appreciate you responded, I said Please in my second question btw. just to be clear. And I am far from being lazy, in fact I put so much work looking into nitty gritty of it all (and I am not a developer, or extremaly techie person but love looking into detail of Wordpress Development on localhost)

I hope you have a lovely day. smiling smiley
Peace <3
JC

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 07, 2022 01:57PM

Hi,

Why when a Wampserver user has a question about Wampserver his first reaction is to go to other forums or to Stack Overflow and not to look in all the Left-Click and Right-Click menus of Wampmanager ?

Unfortunately, you are not the only one to do so and my rant fell on you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: April 07, 2022 02:50PM

Dear Dominique Ottello smiling smiley

You certainly didn't read my message to you or the fact that I haven't made it explicit as in "I tried to search if in my case there is an option to swith this OFF (logically, if there would be option to 'show', the opposite would be to 'hide'. Unfortunately this isn't an option in my version of WAMP menu" escaped your understanding of what I did.

I first and foremost examined all my options from WAMP setrtings on my version of WAMP, however, I have not thought that the newer version will (despite it still being 3.2.x) have such a change in GUI by default. Mea culpa winking smiley, hence search in SO etc.

Anyway, I am so glad that you responded once again, (despite you playing [an unfortunate - because you are wrong again on the assumption of me not looking into settings] a psychic) that I am considering chipping into you PayPal! smiling smiley

La paix soit avec vous ! (scuze my French) winking smiley

Thank you for all your efforts.
JC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.