cannot upgrade to mysql version 8.0.26
Posted by: philipzheng (---.reserve.wtt.net.hk)
Date: September 16, 2021 01:30PM

Hello,
I have tried to upgrade from mysql 5.7.31 to 8.0.26, but no matter what I do, the version is not showing up in WampManager tray icon > MySql > Version.

I have upgraded to wampserver 3.2.5, and installed the VC++ 2019 executables, and installed the MySql 8.0.26 add on from [wampserver.aviatechno.net]. I have also tried following the steps below:
Exit Wampserver
Download MySQL version and extract to a folder, e.g. mysql-8.0.2-dmr-winx64
Copy the contents of the folder to a new mysql subdirectory, e.g. wamp64/bin/mysql/mysql8.0.2
Open a command windows (as an administrator) on wamp64/bin/mysql/mysql8.0.2/bin/
Type : mysqld.exe --initialize-insecure --- This will create the right data folder
Copy wampserver.conf from mysql5.7.14 to mysql8.0.2
Copy my.ini from mysql5.7.14 to mysql8.0.2
Edit mysql8.0.2/my.ini and replace all instances of mysql5.7.14 with mysql8.0.2 (then save)
Run WampServer64 as administrator
(https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55112032/upgrading-wamp-server-to-mysql-8-0-15)

Still, WampManager only shows the MySql 5.7.31 version. Please enlighten me about what I am missing. Thanks in advance.

I am running Windows 10.0.19042.1237 x64.

Best Regards,

Philip

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2021 01:31PM by philipzheng.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cannot upgrade to mysql version 8.0.26
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 16, 2021 02:56PM

Hi,

- 1 - Right-Click -> Tools -> Empty logs -> Empty all log files -> Y

- 2 - Right-Click -> Refresh

- 3 - Right-Click -> Tools -> Create Wampserver configuration report

- 4 - Right-Click -> Tools -> Wampserver configuration report

- 5 - Put the content of the report here

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: cannot upgrade to mysql version 8.0.26
Posted by: philipzheng (---.ctinets.com)
Date: September 18, 2021 04:57AM

Hello Sir,

Thank you for your help! I went through the steps you posted and it works now, it shows up the option to change to mysql 8.0.26. I don't know if it was because I pressed the refresh button or some other reason. The Wampmanager interface also seems to have changed slightly. It now reads Wampserver 3.2.5 at the top of the Wampmanager. I wonder if maybe it was stuck in the old version of Wampserver before but the refresh button unstuck it?

Best Regards,

Philip

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.