Getting EParseError on Start
Posted by: caydee (---.customer.vsm.sh)
Date: February 20, 2022 10:35AM

Hello,

On starting get the message:

The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 14.

[EParseError] No tray icon was specified, Please assign a tray icon by using one of the "TrayIcon" directives in the

[Config] Section.

[BigMenu]
BigKey0=NC,0,0
[TextMenu]
TextKey0=NC,0,8,$000ff9f2,$00D77800,NC,NC
[PromptCustom]
PromptKey0=Default,10,$00FCFDFE,$00000000,$00FCFDFE,$00000000
PromptKey1=NC,10,$00F0F0F0,$00000000,$00FCFDFE,$00000000
[Timer]
NumberStart=2
CountStart=0
[Options]
AeTrayMode=64 Bits
AeTrayOldMode=64bit
AeTrayVersion=3.2.3.3

Caydee

IN ALL THINGS BE MEN
Windows 10 x64 | WAMP 3.3.2 - x64 | Apache 2.4.58 | MySQL 8.2.0 | PHP 8.2.13 | PHPMyAdmin 5.2.0

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Getting EParseError on Start
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 20, 2022 11:55AM

Hi,

This shows a "corrupted" wampmanager.ini file.

- 1 - Use the tool Wampmanager.ini repair
Repair tool for wampmanager.ini file if it is corrupted or missing. You can download at any time, but install this tool only if you need it, because it takes into account the current configuration of Wampserver. A wampmamanger.ini corrupted file is reflected mostly by errors like "[EparseError]" or "Could not execute run action" when launching Wampserver.

- 2 - After Wampserver is back in operation
- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

- 3 - Apply Update 3.2.7 to your version of Wampserver
Wampserver update 3.2.7

- 4 - Apply Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.4.4 Update

It would also be nice to upgrade to a newer version of Apache.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: February 20, 2022 01:14PM

Thank you, Ottomatic,
Shall follow your instructions.
Best regards,

Caydee

IN ALL THINGS BE MEN
Windows 10 x64 | WAMP 3.3.2 - x64 | Apache 2.4.58 | MySQL 8.2.0 | PHP 8.2.13 | PHPMyAdmin 5.2.0

Date: February 20, 2022 04:26PM

Hello Ottomatic,

Unfortunately, it is giving the same error.

Validated the VC++ packages are installed and updated until 2022 for both x86 as well as x64. The VC Checker shows all files properly installed.
I also noticed there are no services anymore. So how do I reinstall services. There is no icon and these are missing from the services.msc.
I would definitely not mind installing it completely fresh and make new fresh install. It won't even let me uninstall it! I tried and it gave me the error that there is no such and there is no uninstaller!

Caydee

IN ALL THINGS BE MEN

Date: February 20, 2022 05:33PM

Hi,

Reinstalling services is done through the Wampmanager icon menus.
The lack of services does not prevent Wampserver from starting; of course, the icon will not turn green, but it does not prevent you from reinstalling the services.

Before uninstalling, which will make you lose your local sites if they are in wamp(64)/www/ and your databases we will try something else.

- Apply Update 3.2.7 to your version of Wampserver
Wampserver update 3.2.7

- Delete files :
wamp64\readme_repair_wampini.txt
wamp64\wampini_repair.bat
wamp64\wampmanager.ini.repair

- Relaunch wampserver3_repair_wampini.exe downloaded earlier as administrator

- Run wamp64\wampini_repair.bat as administrator

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: February 20, 2022 07:05PM

I did as you asked, but the Error is still showing!

Let us uninstall and start afresh. I have copied the WWW directory, changed its name and stored it outside of the Wamp64 Directory.

Don't worry about the Databases as they are secured on my Main Server in the US and have some other MySQL Downloads on this machine.

How do I now uninstall as there is no Icon to start from. It won't let from the APP nor from the Control Panel.

Caydee

IN ALL THINGS BE MEN

Date: February 20, 2022 07:27PM

Hi,

In principle, there should be both files:
wamp64\unins000.dat
wamp64\unins000.exe

Right-Click on unins000.exe then run as an administrator.

If it doesn't work, you have to delete the installation folder completely and then, in the registry, delete the keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{wampserver64}_is1

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Wampmanager64

In both cases, it is preferable to reboot the machine before reinstalling Wampserver 3.2.6

Date: February 20, 2022 08:23PM

Ottomatic,

Many thanks for that.

The old stuff is gone now and tomorrow morning I'll get all the software required from your other site.

Shall let you know when its done.

Have a nice evening and great glass of "Vin Rouge"

Regards,

Caydee

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.