how to transfer my database tables from one system to another system
Posted by: soorya (---.91.219.static.iqara.net)
Date: June 04, 2006 08:06AM

hai guyz!

could any one please help me out to transfer my db tables from my system where i had created them, to another server where i newly installed wamp to host them in the web?

please answer me .it's urgent .

soorya_veenu@hotmail.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how to transfer my database tables from one system to another system
Posted by: tomfmason (---.ks.ks.cox.net)
Date: June 04, 2006 08:56AM

In PhpAdmin select your old database....once there, select all tables....go up to export tab, in the export dialog, go to the botom and check the 'export to file' box, change data options to update then click go....you now have a copy of your database on your computer..

select the new database, click the SQL tab, youll see a small window that says: Run SQL query/queries on database, hit the browse button and find your saved .sql file...it will open in the small window....click 'go' , your database should be populated.

Posted by: bannu456 (---.11.55-99.dsl-hyd.eth.net)
Date: June 04, 2006 11:45AM

Thax tomfmason for ur quick response from our team.

bannulas

Posted by: larry1301 (---.UNUSED.epix.net)
Date: June 05, 2006 09:25PM

You can also transfer your databases without exporting using SQLyog. I recently changed hosts and used their SQLyog Database Synchronization Wizard to make the move. You select that datbases and tables to move, the host ip/username/password/port for the new database press 'GO' (or something like that' and everything else is done automatically. I transferred 5 databases and about 75 tables. It took about 1 mintue to start it and about an hour for SQLyog to do the rest. Very painless. It requires the enterprise edition($49) but there is a fully functional 30 day free trial.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.