No Default DBMS - I don't get it.
Posted by: dieTonne (---.netvigator.com)
Date: September 13, 2021 05:23PM

I have WAMP installed on an external drive and all was fine. Today I wanted to use another PC - didn't work - and now the original PC (Windows 10) ain't working.

I see: No Default DBMS
I get phpMyAdmin, I CAN login to Maria, but MySQL gives me: (HY000/2002): The requested address is not valid in its context.

I am not sure it's related. My Localhost is set to 8088. MySQL is set to 3308 (because another MySQL was running)

OK, switched that off now and using 3306 - still can't login (The No Default DBMS is gone though).

So seems WAMP isn't portable ;-)

Well, I have one DB that I like to keep. So I like access MySQL and save it.

Any suggestion for me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No Default DBMS - I don't get it.
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 13, 2021 05:49PM

Hi,

> So seems WAMP isn't portable ;-)
Yes.

Read Right-Click -> Help -> MariaDB - MySQL

> OK, switched that off now and using 3306
How ?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: No Default DBMS - I don't get it.
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 13, 2021 07:53PM

If you are trying to run WAMPerver i.e. Apache and PHP and MySQL and mariaDB or any one or more of these you have to understand how these things actually work, and apparently you dont.

Apache is installed as a service, so on the other PC where you didnt install WAMPServer but you want to use WAMPServer there basically is not Apache. However there could be. But I would not suggest this as a good idea. Why i hear you ask? Well eventually some muppet will try and run Apache and MySQL from 2 different PC at the same time, and then you will understand pain smiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.