Windows 10 not exiting WAMP
Posted by: magicalwonders (---.40.171.71.threembb.co.uk)
Date: August 09, 2021 10:05AM

I'm running 64bit WAMP 3.2.3 on Windows 10 version 20H2

I noticed a couple of days ago that when I exit WAMP I am still able to access localhost and view the websites I've created locally. Also, I can still access the WordPress admin dashboards and make changes etc.,

If I shut down and reboot, I can still access everything in the localhost. Only clicking restart requires me to have to start the WAMP server again.

I know that "shut down" on Windows doesn't actually shut everything down, whereas "restart" does. However, it seems odd that WAMP is still running after I exit the program, and only a "restart" closes it down.

Is this a bug of some kind? I'm sure this never used to happen, but I've recently had to reinstall all my software and am now running a later version of WAMP.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Windows 10 not exiting WAMP
Posted by: magicalwonders (---.40.171.71.threembb.co.uk)
Date: August 09, 2021 10:16AM

A quick update. WAMP now seems to be exiting as expected, so not sure what was going on! For now the issue seems to be resolved. smiling smiley

Re: Windows 10 not exiting WAMP
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 09, 2021 01:07PM

Hi,

> I know that "shut down" on Windows doesn't actually shut everything down

If Wampserver is launched, that is to say if the services wampapache64, wampmysqld64 and wampmariadb64 as well as the executable AeTrayMenu are running, a real shutdown request from Windows will correctly close the services as well as the executable AeTrayMenu.
I just tried it again just now.

Do not confuse shutdown with sleep or deep sleep.

Eventually, see:
Open Windows Settings, then Accounts, then Connection Options
Disable Restart applications.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.