How to Make Production Server as Live Server or at least via LAN
Posted by: fadzli (---.tm.net.my)
Date: June 25, 2021 09:56AM

Hi, I have reinstall several times. And still using WAMP 3.2.3 and WordPress 5.7.2 (updated) but now I can’t access my site via LAN. As the 1st installation. As before, if I want to go to: (via LAN from other computer in same LAN) to go WAMP just type server IP as example, [192.x.x.x] to go PhpMyAdmin just type server IP as example, [192.x.x.x] to go mySite just type server IP as example, [192.x.x.x] Now when I type server IP as example, [192.x.x.x] I get this: This site can’t be reached localhost refused to connect. In browser. Wamp and phpMyAdmin still can access via LAN but not mySite… How this happened? How to solve? Please guide. My production server is Windows 2012 R2. My intention is make it live in LAN. My question is, how to make Production Server as Live Server or at least via LAN? I meant other computer in LAN can access/surf to mySite? Please help, I need a guide, especially step by step. I have search it several day and ask in WordPress forum someone say I should ask here because it not WordPress issue. Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to Make Production Server as Live Server or at least via LAN
Posted by: bradmacer (137.97.74.---)
Date: August 01, 2022 08:50AM

Generally this happens when the service...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2022 09:25AM by Otomatic.

Re: How to Make Production Server as Live Server or at least via LAN
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 01, 2022 09:40AM

bradmacer wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Generally this happens when the service running on
> your localhost has some problem resolving the
A whole lot of crap for a local server!

For ALL your local sites you MUST use VirtualHost, as with all hosting companies.
See :
The need for Virtual Host
and
Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost
Moreover, for a CMS or a WEB application, and even more for WordPress, the VirtualHost MUST EXIST BEFORE the installation of the CMS.
See :
Why to create a VirtualHost BEFORE installing a CMS

Then you have to modify the Require of the VirtualHost
See Apache Require

> WAMP 3.2.3
Out of date !
- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

- Apply Update 3.2.9 to your version of Wampserver
Wampserver update 3.2.9

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.