I have a dynamic ip but I can't access pages other than the main server page
Posted by: Jippers (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: May 29, 2006 12:13PM

I have just started using WAMP, and have registeredwith a fre DNS service

However the only page that is accessable form the net is the Wamp5 server page.

any other gives the error

580 Server Error
This Web page could not be opened. A connection to the page could not be made. Please click the Reload or Refresh button to try again.

I don't understand what the problem is sad smiley

the link should be... [digitalgamers.homedns.org]

I'd appreciate any help you guys/gals can offer..

Thanks

Jippers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I have a dynamic ip but I can't access pages other than the main server page
Posted by: CyberSpatium (67.170.181.---)
Date: May 29, 2006 10:10PM

if you are using dyndns.com, make sure you are using their dynamic dns service:
[www.dyndns.com]

make sure apache is running, or you will not be able to access your site. put all your website files here:
C:\wamp\www

Re: I have a dynamic ip but I can't access pages other than the main server page
Date: May 30, 2006 12:14AM

I had already,
however any page othe than the main server page presents that error

Date: May 30, 2006 04:56AM

your ISP is aol. your ip address changes every time you login to your aol account. this means you can not tie your ip address to your domain digitalgamers.homedns.org. your ip will always be different when you login to aol. to make this work, you need to download the DynDNS Updater program which will keep your DynDNS account up-to-date with your current IP address:
http://www.dyndns.com/support/clients/

Post Edited (05-30-06 04:57)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Date: May 30, 2006 12:23PM

I know of the ip change, hoever it's not the problem I am encountering.

The prblem is if someone tries to access my forum, they get a server error message.

The front page of my forum is viewable, however it gives a server error as stated above if you clic on anything.

Date: May 30, 2006 10:55PM

that is a script problem then

Date: May 31, 2006 08:42AM

what error do you see, is it an apache, php, or mysql error? can you copy the error and paste it here so I can see it. or, start your wamp server and so I can access your site and see what happens.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.