Installing Wampserver on D:
Posted by: claudekleiman (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: May 06, 2021 05:37AM

I have one of those new Windows 10 laptop computers with a small solid state C drive. I just installed Wampserver on my external D drive and the installation went well. The only problem is when I try to run Wordpress from D drive I get error saying php not installed. If I run task manager on C drive I see php is running and Wampserver icon also says its running. How can I get php to run on D drive?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installing Wampserver on D:
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 06, 2021 08:54AM

Hi,

Theoretically this is not a problem as long as the external drive ALWAYS takes the same drive letter - in this case D: - when it is connected.

Please READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 06, 2021 11:23AM

Hi,

Not at all clear what you are doing here!

When you say "run wordpress from D drive" Do you mean you are trying to INSTALL Wordpress? I ask because you never actually RUN Wordpress, you just launch a site that happens to be written in wordpress.

When you say "If I run task manager on C drive I see php is running Not sure what this means either, task manager will show that Apache is running and mysql and mariadb, but not PHP specifically?

The only way, I can think of, that you could tell if PHP was running is if you are using the builtin server i.e.
php -S localhost:8000
is that what you are doing?

Maybe it would help if you answered these questions for us READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 06, 2021 04:46PM

Here's the answers to the 13 questions;

1. Windows 10 Home, Version 2004
2. Wampserver 3.2.3 x64
3. Apache 2.4.46
4. PHP 7.3.2.1
5. MySQL 5.7.3.1
6. Icon is Green
8. Yes I have access to localhost and Wampserver home page
9. Yes I have access to PHPMyAdmin
10. No error messages
11. No Anti virus except Windows Defender
12. D:/wamp64/www/wordpress2/
13. virtual hosts: localhost and wordpress2

Date: May 06, 2021 04:58PM

BTW, I've used Wampserver many years without problems but I've always had it installed on C drive. I've created a folder wordpress2 and its located in D:\wamp64\www\wordpress2 This folder has my wordpress installation files. I have been trying to run wordpress by opening my web browser and entering the following addresses into the URL bar; localhost/wordpress2 [wordpress2] and I've tried many others. I've created the SQL database in PhpMyAdmin no problem. At first I thought the problem was the wp-config.php and I tried many things including trying to reinstall Wordpress using [wordpress2] and it just returns that Wordpress is already installed.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 06, 2021 05:01PM

Ha,

Dont do it that way.

See this page THE NEED for VIRTUAL HOSTS

This is specially important for WordPress sites!!

Create a Virtual Host BEFORE you Install WordPress and install it into the VH

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 06, 2021 06:24PM

So I created a virtual host first. Its called wordpress and directory is D:/wamp64/www/wordpress

I copied all the wordpress files into this folder. Then, I try to run the install.php file, but, get this error message;

Error: PHP is not running

WordPress requires that your web server is running PHP. Your server does not have PHP installed, or PHP is turned off.

My wampserver icon is green and shows all services running. I'm able to launch localhost and phpmyadmin so I don't understand why I'm getting this error message?

Please help s'ille vous plait.

Date: May 06, 2021 06:32PM

Just a minute. I think I may be having some success now.

Date: May 06, 2021 06:51PM

Everything seems to be working now. Thank you for your help.

Date: May 07, 2021 04:16AM

Le probleme n'etait pas le wampserver ni l'installation. Le probleme deviens du la version du Wordpress au localhost qui n'avait pas toutes les plugins, themes et ensuite uploads installer et en plus les redirectes URLs dans le database devait eu updated. Excuse moi pour mon francais. Ce n'est pas ma langue maternalle mais je fais de mon mieux. Le Wampserver a mon avis est le meiullure programme pour toutes ce que je faites. Merci pour toutes.

Editing by Otomatic: You are on the English forum, so use English!

The problem was not the wampserver nor the installation. The problem became the version of Wordpress at the localhost that did not have all the plugins, themes and then uploads installed and in addition the redirected URLs in the database had to be updated. Sorry for my French. It's not my native language but I do my best. The Wampserver in my opinion is the best program for everything I do. Thank you for everything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2021 09:50AM by Otomatic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.