An error has occurred in Aestan Tray Menu
Posted by: linwebd (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: March 25, 2021 10:56PM

Possible Problem/Solution - -
I think for some very weird reason I do not have a bin folder (and its contents) within my c:wamp folder on my local harddrive. Is there a way I can get copies of what should have been in that folder? I could write a small book on the number of things I have tried to do prior to this point to get my problem resolved. I have spent about 10-12 hours trying multiple fixes using your forums. I had originally hoped that I was missing a .dll file, but that does not seem to be the issue as far as I can tell. I was concerned that if I tried to run the install again (even if I implemented the install on an external hard drive) that I would mess up a registry or something else during that install.

Version of Wampserver64 and Windows 10 - -
I installed Wampserver64 on Sunday, ‎November ‎3, ‎2019 using wampserver3.1.9_x64.exe. I utilized it almost daily and this issue only started yesterday morning. My pc is running Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 2004 (build 19041.867) and the version of Wampserver64 I have been using is 3.1.9. I think the version of php that I had installed was 7.0, but I am not sure, so it could have been php 5.6.. I am a web designer/developer and the majority of what I do for my clients utilizes WordPress so I have a number of samples I created on my local harddrive that can be utilized for future clients. I backed up only a few of the databases but have a considerable amount of work that I would lose if I cannot fix this and do not know how to access the databases without wampserver64 running.

Error Popup --
When I start Wampserver64 I receive a popup error and Wampserver 64 will not start. The title of the error popup has "Aestan Tray Menu" as its title. There is a red x with the error message "An error has occurred in Aestan Tray Menu". This error popup has multiple tabs and within the general tab the exception message says "Could not not execute run action: The system cannot find the file specified" but I am unable to see what file is missing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: An error has occurred in Aestan Tray Menu
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 26, 2021 11:06AM

Hi,

> I think for some very weird reason I do not have a bin folder (and its contents) within my c:wamp folder
> on my local harddrive.

Wampserver does not perform any operation on the wamp(64)/bin/ folder except to catalog the installed Apache, PHP, MySQL and MariaDB versions.
There is no way to restore this folder except from backups or partition images you would have made.

The wamp(64)/bin/ folder does not exist anymore, it is normal that Wampserver cannot start and that you have Aetan Tray Menu errors with non-existent file.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2021 11:49AM by Otomatic.

Date: March 26, 2021 10:37PM

Am I totally out of luck? Is it true I cannot access any of the databases that I had not backed up?

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: March 27, 2021 08:42AM

Hi,

> I cannot access any of the databases that I had not backed up?

The databases were in the folder wamp(64)/bin/mysql/mysqlx.y.z/data/ and the folder wamp(64)/bin/ no longer exists...

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: March 30, 2021 05:25AM

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.