PHP CLI
Posted by: drmuzic (---.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 12, 2021 09:09AM

I really need to get into a CLI for PHP and so far I have not been able to. PHP is being used to design applications and not just being used to fetch data from a database to show within a webpage although this project does that too!

I need a PHP CLI interface in order to do so. On a production server, one can just open a command prompt and start using PHP in CLI mode, with these, I find this be impossible to be that simple. I am trying to build an environment for maintaining a PHP Application and need to get this project updated to newer PHP 7/8 standards and it is driving me crazy with one particular issue, but I cannot track it down with my production server so I need an environment to further troubleshoot this module without having to build full blown server with debugging PHP. This project requires PHP CLI to process and it has a website in which it uses the database to display.

Is there any way I can get a PHP CLI like the MySQL / MariaDB in wampserver?

Thanks in advance!
Doc

Re: PHP CLI
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 12, 2021 10:01AM

Hi,

> Is there any way I can get a PHP CLI like the MySQL / MariaDB in wampserver?
No.

> it has a website in which it uses the database to display.
I don't see why you need PHP CLI to use or modify a website!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2021 10:34AM by Otomatic.

Re: PHP CLI
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: February 12, 2021 05:41PM

Have a look at this answer on StackOverflow

That is what I use to fire up a CLI using any version of PHP I have installed in WAMPServer.
It also covers using PEAR and Composer as well smiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.