CMD windows when WampManager is loaded
Posted by: pjb (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 02, 2021 07:59PM

I am running WampServer 3.2.4 64-bit on 64-bit Windows 7.

Everything is running fine.

My question is about an error I get (multiple times) from the command windows that open when I launch WampManager.

I use HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\AutoRun to run a script. A utility I use crashes each time WampManger loads CMD, so I get a number of error windows.

Can you tell me what these CMD windows are doing, and if it is possible to launch them with CMD /D instead so they don't run my AutoRun script?

Thank you for any help, and thank you for taking the time to write a tremendously helpful program.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CMD windows when WampManager is loaded
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 03, 2021 04:38PM

Hi,

Thank you for this feedback!

I would say that since the time Wampserver exists, you must be the only one using registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\AutoRun
and/or
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\AutoRun
because nobody complained before you!

If /D is not specified on the command line, then CMD.EXE will start by looking for the previous REG_SZ/REG_EXPAND_SZ Registry variables and if one or both are present, they will be executed first.

I'm going to modify the calls to cmd.exe by adding /D /C but it's not as easy to do as it might look. Indeed, the syntax of Aestan Tray Menu is very strict and you can't replace a command like
"net" parameter "start wampapache64"
by
"CMD /D /C net" parameter "start wampapache64"
Indeed, the first term can only be an executable and the second, parameters.
you have to write:
"CMD" parameter "/D /C net start wampapache64"

And there are a lot of lines to modify in about twenty scripts, but that's not the longest... the longest will be to check that EVERYTHING works properly.

It should be integrated in the Wampserver 3.2.5 update.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: pjb (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: February 04, 2021 12:19AM

Thank you for being willing to fix this!

I am not surprised that I'm the first person to find this problem. I'm pushing my development environment to the max.

I really appreciate your attentiveness. You have my thanks.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: February 04, 2021 11:36AM

Hi,

To see the modifications or evolutions planned by the Wampserver 3.2.5 update, go to:
https://wampserver.aviatechno.net
then click on Changelog button.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.