SSL Access Glitch
Posted by: Claudius (---.bardstown.com)
Date: January 08, 2021 05:56PM

Hello

I have just about got this web access via the public web beat. It's been a long strange trip.

take a look at "[iridiumpc.duckdns.org"]; if you would please and tell me why I'm getting the screen that I'm getting.

Thank you for your time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SSL Access Glitch
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: January 08, 2021 06:11PM

Hi,

Clicking on unknown untrusted links is something I only do on a Monday I am afraid

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: January 08, 2021 08:00PM

You know, thinking about it, that's pretty smart on your part, not following strange links, etc., not so smart on mine.

So, here is what I'm trying to do, using WAMP, I am hosting a public website and I am doing pretty good with the attempt.

I have WAMP installed and running successfully on a server machine running Win 10 Pro. I have localhost access to the website using Internet Explorer, Edge and Firefox.

now...

I'm using Duckdns to host my domain, I have configured SSL, I am using a self signed security certificate via OpenSSL and port forwarding on my router is all working. What is going on is that I am getting a page from the server that consists of left justified blue text hyperlinks with none of the HTML padding that you would expect.

I'm hoping that you see this problem all the time and that you can give me the answer right off the top of your head and I can continue getting this show on the road.

What I'm trying to do is to get a social media website up with SSL communication, I am goin to get a security certificate from a Certificate Authority then see about getting the website on Play Store and whatever the Apple App service is so that the family who can barely use a smartphone can just pick out the app, install it on their phone and have access to the website.

At present I'm stuck on this HTML thing. Do you have any ideas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2021 08:10PM by Claudius.

Date: January 09, 2021 02:35AM

I figured it out. Kind of.

I replaced Elgg with HumHub as a test and the HumHub website comes through as normal so the problem is internal to Elgg.

And so tomorrow, off on the next step of registering my security certificate.

Thank you for your assistance!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.