Images only loading on front-page //Wordpress
Posted by: Cha0zb0rn (---.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de)
Date: October 12, 2020 12:23AM

Edit: Not a wamp problem, can be deleted.

Hello,

I'm rather new to webdevelopment and building my first page in wordpress. I use wamp 3.2.3 and wordpress 5.5.1 on windows 10 pro.

I have a very weird issue and I actually don't know if it's wamp or wordpress related.

I just finished my front-page.php and it works perfectly fine.

As soon as I try to access another sub-site (localhost/foobar) my css still loads correctly, yet the images don't. I tried to hardcode the pathes to the images within the template but the error persists, thus leading me to think I havent configured something in Wamp yet which I don't know about.

When I inspect the site via dev tools the correct pathes are displayed as well.

The htaccess is generated dynamicly by wordpress as it seems (at least thats whats written within the htacesss file) but I really have no clue about htaccess in general.

I'd really appreciate if somebody could give me a little hint as I feel pretty lost right now.

Thanks in advance!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2020 12:53AM by Cha0zb0rn.

Re: Images only loading on front-page //Wordpress
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 12, 2020 10:43AM

Hi,

This is a problem with WordPress and more precisely because you have not installed WordPress in a VirtualHost, as with all hosters.

See:
The need for Virtual Host
and
Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost
and
Why to create a VirtualHost BEFORE installing a CMS

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.