upgrading wampserver with newest PHP
Posted by: upgradephp (---.scienceworld.ca)
Date: October 08, 2020 09:44PM

Hey, not sure why these forums appear all in french to me, but i was able to make an account so that is good. Maybe because i am in canada... sometimes websites dont localize correctly.

Just installed wampserver last week to upgrade a very old apache install. Working great and easy to use so thats awesome. However our security consultant has said that the PHP version is old. When i run a nessus scan, it appears to be 7.3.12 and have 7 php vulnerabilities.

i wanted to try and upgrade just that component. I have done this before on our old wamp stack we used to use called uniserver. In that case, i could simply do a diff on the PHP directory and look for any changed configuration files. In WAMP server though, there are multiple copies of PHP in the wamp64\bin\php\ directory.

My question is, do you have a manual way of updating this, like a procedure? Can i just drop the new files in and replace the files in this directory (Being mindful of differences). The name of the directory is php7.3.12.

looking in the config files, seems that its referenced from wamp64/bin/apache2.4.41/bin/php.ini and wamp64/wampmanager.ini

are there any other references that would need to be updated? or is this recommended? when will the new wamp server with an upgraded PHP release be released? they are on 7.3.23 right now by the looks of it.

When a new version is released, will it cleanly update over the old version?

let me know thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: upgrading wampserver with newest PHP
Posted by: upgradephp (---.scienceworld.ca)
Date: October 08, 2020 09:46PM

oh and is php7apache2_4.dll just a copy of php.dll that has been renamed for some reason?

Re: upgrading wampserver with newest PHP
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 09, 2020 10:06AM

Hi,

Right-Click -> Tools -> Add Apache, PHP, MySQL, MariaDB, etc. versions

and

WAMPserver 3 - All you need to know

and

Right-Click -> Help -> Operating instructions

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.