Help installing old version of PHP
Posted by: golffor1 (---.lfkncmta01.res.dyn.suddenlink.net)
Date: September 20, 2020 12:36AM

I just realized that you can install older version of PHP with Wamp and not have to go in modify files or so I think that is the case. I have am trying to use PHP 5.3 and using the downloaded file from the WAMP site. I am getting the following error messages:

( ! ) Warning: Unsupported declare 'strict_types' in C:\wamp64\apps\phpmyadmin5.0.2\index.php on line 8

( ! ) Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in C:\wamp64\apps\phpmyadmin5.0.2\index.php on line 28

This was noticed when trying to access phpmyadmin through the system WAMP options. Right now my PHP myadmin is 5.02 if that matters?

Can you help with these messages?

I am trying to use 5.3 because I have a pretty extensive sight, and I don't want to have to go through and change all of my code to match the mysqli_* information when all of the code is set to mysql_*

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2020 12:38AM by golffor1.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help installing old version of PHP
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 20, 2020 10:08AM

Hi,

PhpMyAdmin 5.0.2 doesn't support PHP 5.3.
For PHP 5.3, you must use PhpMyAdmin 4.0.10.14

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: September 20, 2020 06:07PM

Ok that worked...but now I am getting a 404 error message. I uninstalled all of my WAMP server stuff, and restarted and reinstalled WAMP 3.2 with the PHP 5.3 and PhpMyAdmin 4.0.10.14. I can now access the PhpMyAdmin 4.0.10.14, but when I create a test.php page it won't allow me to access it. Is there some other setting that I might need to change?

Date: September 20, 2020 06:11PM

Date: September 20, 2020 06:41PM

I am running Windows 10 with a x64 bit system while using WAMP Version 3.2.3. The Apache version that i have is 2.4.4, PHP version is 5.3.28, MySQL version is 5.7.31, MariaDB version is 10.4.13 and not being used. My WAMP icon is green.

I created a test page in c:\wamp64\wwww\test called test.php. When I go and trying to view this page with a browser of my choice an error message that displays the following:

Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.46 (Win64) PHP/5.3.28 Server at localhost Port 80. I did try changing the apache port to 81 and that didn't help. I have since changed the port back to 80.

Is there something else that I might need to change to resolve this error message?

Date: September 20, 2020 07:13PM

Hi,

Your page is c:/wamp64/www/test.php, to call it you have to type 'http://localhost/test.php'

It is absolutely not recommended to create pages in the wamp64/www/ folder which is reserved for Wampserver. You should put your pages in a folder, e.g. wamp64/www/mypages/test.php and, in this case, you will launch your page with 'http://localhost/mypages/test.php'.

The best way to do and use VirtualHost, as with all webhosts.
See :
The need for Virtual Host
and
Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: googleclone (106.204.202.---)
Date: December 26, 2020 05:30PM

Complete nonsense

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2020 06:14PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: December 26, 2020 06:13PM

Hi GoogleClone sad smiley

PLEASE advertise you business elsewhere. Your answer was nonsense and SO obviously an advertising link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.