PHP Cli version not changing
Posted by: nikhil_agrawal@live.com (117.247.136.---)
Date: September 24, 2020 04:05PM

I have changed the php cli version from Tools -> PHP Cli version to 7.4 [imgur.com]

But when i open a terminal and type php -v it always shows php7.2

I have also tried setting the environment path to 7.4, still not working.

Is there anything i'm doing wrong?

Please help soon, i'm stuck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP Cli version not changing
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 25, 2020 06:51PM

I have changed the php cli version from Tools -> PHP Cli version to 7.4

The image you show says that the PHP CLI version is 7.3.21 !!!

This process changes the version of PHP used by the scripts that are run from the menu, and as these are not tested against anything other than PHP5.6 its a dupious idea.

If you want to change the version of PHP that you run from a command window that you launch
Rule 1 & Rule 2 & Rule 3 -- NEVER change the Windows PATH.
If you have done this, undo it

Rule 4 You can see how to do this simply and reliably here on an answer I gave on StackOverflow

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: PHP Cli version not changing
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 27, 2020 01:04PM

Hi,

> This process changes the version of PHP used by the scripts that are run from the menu,
> and as these are not tested against anything other than PHP5.6 its a dupious idea.
I estimate that now more than 99% of all Wampserver menu scripting possibilities have been tested with PHP 7.4.10.
Nevertheless, if anyone detects a problem in the scripts with PHP 7.4, but not a problem with PHP 5.6.40, they are kindly invited to report it here by describing exactly how.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.