Log analysis
Posted by: ljhelbo (92.246.30.---)
Date: August 06, 2020 03:05PM

I have removed all cookies from my website and so I also dropped Google Analytics. I still want to know a little about the users however, so I look at the logfies. Right now I do this manually, but it would be nice to have something like GoAccess (https://goaccess.io/).

This is open source and therefore I was wondering, if it could be an idea to include that in a future release of Wamp?

Re: Log analysis
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 06, 2020 04:44PM

Hi,

If you look a little closer at the GoAccess homepage you might see that its mainly for *NIX systems. There is a windows port, but that involves CYGWIN, so I doubt we will be going down that route.

However there is nothing stopping you installing the new Windows Linux Subsystem and a Linux of your choice, then YOU can install and Configuring GoAccess.

Do document your process and pass it back to us so we can review it with a view to publishing it for all to see.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2020 08:01PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: ljhelbo (92.246.30.---)
Date: August 06, 2020 04:56PM

I have seen that this program is mainly for *nix and I am not sure, if I can port it. This was actually a main reason for me asking :-)

I just think that I can not be the only one, who wants to drop analytics. Also there may be other log-analysers, which I am not aware of. Just see it as a possible idea for future releases.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: August 06, 2020 05:08PM

WAMPServer was created and is still released as a development environment. There is little or no call for log analysis in a development environment, other than to test said software of course.

If you use WAMPServer as a LIVE web server environment, you do so at your own risk and in the assumption that you know a lot more than the average WAMPServer user about the security of your environment.

As you are paying the HUGE Cost Of Absolutely Nothing, we are more than willing to consider incorporating work you have done, but I think for now Oto has enough to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2020 07:58PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: August 06, 2020 07:06PM

Hi,

> I think for now Oto has enough to do.
Yes Sir !

And I wouldn't embark on such a project that would depend on the evolution and modifications of a "thing" for NIX.
Wampserver evolutions must remain a pleasure, if it becomes a constraint...

There is the possibility to separate the text editor from the log file editor.
This is done in wampmanager.conf where the two lines are identical, but you can very well use a log file editor, you just have to put its full absolute path :
For example:
;Path of the Text Editor used by Wampserver
;May be modfied with the absolute path of the Text Editor exe file
;(Use / instead of \)
editor ="E:/Util/Texte/Notepad++/notepad++.exe"
logviewer ="E:/Util/Texte/Notepad++/notepad++.exe"

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.