A field with "S" always
Posted by: administrator (199.243.180.---)
Date: May 11, 2006 06:47PM

Hi Everyone,

I created a table with ID,Fname,Lname,Message. ID as Auto_increment and a primary key. I would like to add another column (ID2) that has value of "S". A sort of an ID but with string (letter). So everytime I add/put another person in to my table, it will automatically show\put "S" on the ID2 column. Is this possible?

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A field with
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: May 15, 2006 12:51AM

I am not sure where or how you learned to use databases/sql. but seeing this post, and other posts you have made about databases, you still have allot of catching up to do. The most important concept I think you need to start with is database replication. Do a google search for that. After you do studying on that subject you will see why there is no reason to do this.

Use this link:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22database+replication%22

Post Edited (05-15-06 00:53)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.