No longer wampserver
Posted by: theking2 (---.dyn.cable.fcom.ch)
Date: July 21, 2020 11:41PM

With your agressive logon policy I can no longer promote WampServer to my (new) stundents. Although you have a great product, XAMPP has A better no hassle deal.

Let me know when you will offer WampServer downloads without having to register and I point my yearly 100+ students to you again.

Such a shame

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No longer wampserver
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 21, 2020 11:52PM

Hi King,

Maybe a good idea.

But if you click the `you can download it directly.` link on the sourceforge register page you get straight to the download without registering. Also note that this is a SourceForge registration and Nothing WAMPServer has done/requested to be done/...

Or Probably the easiest way to download WAMPServer is to use the Alternate Repo which has the benefit of being SOOOO much better layed out and much clearer and has Absolutely no login/register requirement at all

By the way, as WAMPServer is given away for free, using your 100+ students as a lever to make things happen the way you want (even though they were anyway) is really an empty threat smiling smiley

Enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2020 12:50PM by RiggsFolly.

Re: No longer wampserver
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 22, 2020 09:58AM

Hi,

You didn't see the link: you can download it directly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.