How do I configure the correct ports for wamp server, please?
Posted by: Question895 (32.212.92.---)
Date: July 21, 2020 10:14PM

Hello. I think I know why the wamp server won't open. I need to assign the correct port to it.
Can someone please help me to assign the correct port? I have no clue on how to do this. Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do I configure the correct ports for wamp server, please?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 21, 2020 10:55PM

Hi,

HUH???

Please remember we are no clairvoyant and we are not sitting next to you looking over your shoulder.

Woudl you like to start by introducing us to the problem you are having please

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: July 21, 2020 11:51PM

Thank you for responding to me so quickly. I think that all of the ports are good. Please excuse me, this is all new to me. When I click on the wamp icon on networks, it says, "all services running".

I assume that this means that my ports are good.

I installed both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Visual C++ redistributable. I then installed wampserver. All went well until I clicked on the app icon on my desktop. I saw a few windows open that resembled a dos screen. They only stayed open for about a second and then closed.

I greatly appreciate your help in this matter. This is all new to me. If you need any more info, I will provide it to you.

I don't know how to operate Wamp server at all. I even attempted to watch Youtube videos but they all point back to the port problem. I think that my ports are good.

Thank you.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: July 21, 2020 11:55PM

Hi,

ALL SERVICES RUNNING -- Thats GOOD.

The Dos boxes that open and close when you start WAMPServer are supposed to do that. I agree its a bit annoying, but its just running some checks that only work in a dos box smiling smiley

So it sounds to me like you did everything in the right order and you have a working WAMPServer.

Oh and finally, BEWARE, of stuff about WAMPServer on YouTube or anywhere else other than here, most is out of date, almost all is done just to accumulate clicks and without any attention to detail.

Have fun with WAMPServer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2020 11:57PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: July 22, 2020 12:09AM

Hello. Can I ask you something? How do I operate the wamp server? I have no idea on how to open it up or even use it.

I am sorry if I am asking you too many questions. Can you please tell me how to operate the wamp server?

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

Date: July 22, 2020 12:11AM

I will be logging off. I will be back on this tomorrow. I greatly appreciate your help!

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 22, 2020 11:44AM

Hi,

> How do I operate the wamp server? I have no idea on how to open it up or even use it.

The question I ask myself is: Why did you download and install Wampserver if you don't know what it can be used for?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.