Upgrade 3.2.0 to 3.2.2
Posted by: s.gaspar.85 (195.212.58.---)
Date: July 13, 2020 10:20AM

Hello,

I need to upgrade php to 7.3.18 so I was requested to upgrade my wampserver from 3.2.0 to 3.2.2. I have all the C++ prerequisites and the installation was successful. I was also able to install 7.3.18 php addon as well. However, wampserver GUI is still showing 3.2.0 and php 7.3.18 is not showing in GUI php version options to switch to. Even though I can see it installed in the filesystem. wampserver.conf is showing:

wampserverVersion ="3.2.2"
installVersion ="3.2.0"

Is it possible to switch to new php version just by editing wampserver.conf file in the php section? Or a complete reinstall is needed? Are there any other options?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Upgrade 3.2.0 to 3.2.2
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 13, 2020 11:32AM

Hi,

If there is indeed wampserverVersion ="3.2.2" in the wampmanager.conf file, you should see the version number 3.2.2 in wampmanager GUI as well as in About (Double-Click)

- 1 - Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

- 2 - Try to install Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.3.2

- 3 - Try to remake wampmanager.ini with the tool : wampmanager ini repair

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: s.gaspar.85 (195.212.58.---)
Date: July 13, 2020 05:35PM

Hello,

Thank you Otomatic for suggestions. For some reason, I am still unable to resolve the issue. wampserver.conf contains:

wampserverVersion ="3.2.2"
installVersion ="3.2.0"

I can see old and new version of php present in the filesystem. Since GUI is showing 3.2.0 and not giving me option to switch to new php version. Is it possible to do the switch outside of GUI? Can is be done just via wampserver.conf?

Thanks

Date: July 13, 2020 06:47PM

Hi,

In the file wampmanager.ini what is the line (about line 20) AboutVersion=
and at the end of the file the lines : AeTrayVersion=

In your php7.3.18 folder is there a wampserver.conf file?

Have you tried Right-Click -> Refresh?

Does the option "Right-Click -> Tools -> Create Wampserver configuration report" exist?
If so, run it and put here a copy of the created file:
Right-Click -> Tools -> Wampserver Configuration Report

> Can is be done just via wampserver.conf?
It may work, but since the wampmanager.ini file has not been updated, I have strong doubts as to whether it will work properly.
Have you installed Wampserver as administrator? Do you launch Wampserver via its shortcut ?

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2020 08:47PM by Otomatic.

Date: July 14, 2020 08:43AM

Hi,

This could be due to the fact that a "fatal error" prevents the wampmanager.ini file from being updated.

Try :
- 1 - Right-Click -> Tools -> Empty log -> Empty ALL log files
Answer Y to the question if you want to do it.
- 2 - Right-Click -> Refresh

Posted by: s.gaspar.85 (62.200.229.---)
Date: July 15, 2020 11:34AM

Bonjour Otomatic

Your last suggestion to empty all logs and refresh wampserver fixed my .ini file and the gui is now showing 3.2.2. I can finally change php version. May I ask for explanation how empting logs like apache, php, mysql affects the wampserver initiation process?

Anyways, thank you for your time and effort. Awesome project!

Date: July 15, 2020 02:37PM

Hi,

> May I ask for explanation how empting logs like apache, php, mysql affects the wampserver initiation process?

Wampserver, by default, has an automatic cleaning option for log files whose parameters can be seen in Right-click -> Wamp settings -> Automatic cleaning.
These settings are given in number of lines.
The verification of the number of lines and the possible cleaning is done each time Wampserver is started.
It can happen, if Wampserver is not restarted often, that the number of lines increases considerably.
The only way to count the number of lines in a file is the PHP file() function which reads the file and returns the result in an array and then counts the number of elements in the array.
With a file with a large number of lines, it can happen that the execution of this function needs more memory than the limit assigned by memory_limit and therefore generates a fatal error before the end of the script, so the wampmanager.ini file is not updated.
Update 3.2.2 partially fixes this problem but cannot remove it if it already exists.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.