php.ini in green WAMP icon left-click apparently not the same as running one
Posted by: wasedavo (---.hsd1.ut.comcast.net)
Date: July 25, 2020 03:40AM

I'm not seeing how to attach a screenshot, but in the Windows 10 system tray WAMP icon, left-clicking into the php.ini option:
[imgur.com]

I commented out the uncommented line:
error_reporting = E_ALL

and added a new setting (to suppress warnings):
error_reporting = E_ERROR | E_PARSE

However, after restarting the Apache service (and also after restarting all services) the VirtualHost site I'm running still shows PHP warnings.

When I left-click into "PHP settings" (above the "php.ini" left-click option), it shows error_reporting as E_ERROR...
[imgur.com]

Am I supposed to restart Windows? I'm not sure whether it's using the same file or just not reloading the php.ini file... and I'm not seeing an option to just reload the php.ini file.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: php.ini in green WAMP icon left-click apparently not the same as running one
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 25, 2020 10:11AM

Hi,

The right file to modify is Left Click -> PHP -> php.ini

As for the display of error_reporting in PHP settings, there seems to be a computational problem in the Wampserver script. May be fixed in the next version.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: php.ini in green WAMP icon left-click apparently not the same as running one
Posted by: wasedavo (---.hsd1.ut.comcast.net)
Date: July 26, 2020 04:30AM

Otomatic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> The right file to modify is Left Click -> PHP ->
> php.ini
>

I think you may not have understood, because that's the one I clicked. Please check the imgur screenshot I left.

Is there some other one you mean?

> As for the display of error_reporting in PHP
> settings, there seems to be a computational
> problem in the Wampserver script. May be fixed in
> the next version.

That's unfortunate. Is WAMP the best thing to use for a Windows PHP server? This problem seems very basic and easy to fix. I'm hoping the WAMP team is not delayed.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: July 26, 2020 09:54AM

Hi,

It is very often the problems that seem the simplest that are the most difficult to solve.

Note that even phpinfo() does not display error_reporting in plain text.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.