Does WampServer or Apache Install "Stand Alone" OpenSSL?
Posted by: bill@wgvallance.com (---.spkn.qwest.net)
Date: June 03, 2020 07:52PM

I installed WanpServer 3.2.0 and I noticed that both the Apache mod_ssl module and the "stand alone" OpenSSL were installed. Did WampServer install the "stand alone" OpenSSL or did the Apache installer install it during WampServer installation?

Re: Does WampServer or Apache Install "Stand Alone" OpenSSL?
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: June 03, 2020 08:27PM

Hi

Are you saying that you believe something was installed OUTSIDE the \wamp or \wamp64 folders?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: June 03, 2020 09:58PM

No. What I'm referring to as the "stand alone" OpenSSL is the file openssl.exe. In my installation it's installed in C:\WAMP64\bin\apache\apache2.4.41\bin. Did openssl.exe get installed by the WampServer installer or the Apache installer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2020 10:00PM by bill@wgvallance.com.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: June 03, 2020 10:33PM

That file comes with all Apache installations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: June 04, 2020 12:09AM

Perfect! Thanks Riggs for the quick answer. This is exactly the piece of information I was looking for.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.