PHP will not load, error says MSVCR110.dll was not found
Posted by: ehart13169 (---.102.235.198.res-cmts.eph.ptd.net)
Date: May 27, 2020 04:51PM

1 - Windows 10 64 bit
2 - WampServer 3.2.0 64 bit
3 - Apache Version 2.4.41
4 - PHP Version 7.3.12
5 - MySQL Version 8.0.18
5a - MariaDB version 10.4.10
6 - WampServer icon is green
7 - In the file c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, what are the active lines?
127.0.0.1 localhost
8 - Do you have access to localhost (Homepage WampServer)? Yes
8a - If so, is there an error message at the bottom of the page? No error message
9 - Do you have access to phpMyAdmin? Yes
10 - If you refer to an error message, please include the EXACT wording of the error in your post - See below
11 - If you use an Antivirus and / or Firewall, please include the names of these - Windows Security
12 - What is the full path to the installation of WampServer - C:\wamp64
13 - If you have one or more Virtual Hosts defined, please show their definition(s) - No virtual hosts

When I start WampServer I get an error. It says it's a php.exe - System Error, the error message is "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR110.dll was not found. Reinstalling may fix this problem."
I went through the troubleshooting checklist to verify everything but did not find a solution, I also made sure that when I uninstalled the current version before reinstalling it, and made sure I told it to run as administrator. The icon is green, so I thought it may be working anyway, but when I try to run Wordpress setup, it tells me that PHP is not running. Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP will not load, error says MSVCR110.dll was not found
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 27, 2020 07:10PM

Hi,

- 1 - You have not read - therefore not applied - the prerequisites that are displayed BEFORE the installation of Wampserver really starts.

- 2 - You read the troubleshooting tips very badly, because there too are mentioned the prerequisites BEFORE installation.

Donc :
- 1 - Uninstall Wampserver completely.

- 2 - - Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

- 3 - Install Wampserver 3.2.0 as an administrator

- 4 - Apply Update 3.2.2 to your version of Wampserver
Wampserver update 3.2.2

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: May 27, 2020 10:01PM

Okay...which part did I not do?

1 - The first install was a clean install, so Wampserver was uninstalled completely. When I reinstalled it, I did make sure it was uninstalled first. I'm not sure what you're saying I missed here.

2 - I downloaded and installed both the 32-bit and 64-bit VC++ packages before I installed Wampserver, using the links in the prerequisites section. Once again, not sure what I missed here.

3 - I did install Wampserver as administrator

4 - I didn't apply the update, I don't recall seeing anything about that in the prerequisites. I will try that to see if it helps.

Is there anything else I should know that wasn't done?

Date: May 27, 2020 10:42PM

I ran the tool to check the vc packages, it showed me that the 2008 packages were not installed. I uninstalled Wampserver, then installed the 32-bit and 64-bit vc 2008 packages. I reinstalled Wampserver 3.2.0 and applied the update for 3.2.2. Now it is working, I am not getting the error. Those steps are not included in the prerequisites, if they are needed perhaps they should be listed there.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 28, 2020 07:42AM

Hi,

> Those steps are not included in the prerequisites
--- Installation of Wampserver ---
BEFORE proceeding with the installation of Wampserver, you must ensure that certain elements are installed on your system, otherwise Wampserver will absolutely not run, and in addition, the installation will be faulty and you need to remove Wampserver BEFORE installing the elements that were missing.
Make sure you are "up to date" in the redistributable packages VC9, VC10, VC11, VC13 , VC15 and VS16.
[.....]
--- Visual C++ Packages ---
[.....]
-- VC9 Packages (Visual C++ 2008 SP1)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2092
[.....]
To verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions, you can use the tool:
http://wampserver.aviatechno.net/files/tools/check_vcredist.exe and you will find all the packages on 'http://wampserver.aviatechno.net/' in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages

All of this is displayed just before the installation actually starts and is repeated, in text form, in the wamp(64)/install.txt file

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.