How to access wamp by IP
Posted by: TheKillerR (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: May 14, 2020 08:49AM

Hey ! I have installed Wamp after quite a few years... Seems i registered here a decade ago.
I am having trouble putting wamp online and have it accessible by IP. All i find is related to virtual hosts, but i simply want to put it up and access by IP. Not tie it to any domains. Could i please get some help? Thanks !

I tried editing http-vhosts.conf and changed Require local to Require all granted but it did nothing.

PS: I see wampserver.com is inaccessible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2020 09:17AM by TheKillerR.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to access wamp by IP
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 14, 2020 01:15PM

Hi,

Take a look at this, on StackOverflow it was aimed at accessing the server from a phoen but it would work from any device.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 15, 2020 07:43AM

Why did they make it so difficult and tweaky to access wamp from the local computer? Wamp used to be accessible by IP out of the box.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: May 15, 2020 08:38AM

> Wamp used to be accessible by IP out of the box.

'http://127.0.0.1/'

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: May 15, 2020 12:21PM

TheKillerR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why did they make it so difficult and tweaky to
> access wamp from the local computer? Wamp used to
> be accessible by IP out of the box.

And as such, those beginners that had no real idea what they were doing or what they were risking often opened up their system inadvertantly to the risk of being hacked

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: May 20, 2020 08:22PM

I was aware of the risks. At the moment i only needed a fast way to share files.
Either way, you should provide an option to make this easier to the user. I looked and there is no straightforward solution to enable IP access. Ill leave it alone for now. Thanks..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.