Case sensitive Tables
Posted by: theking2 (---.dyn.cable.fcom.ch)
Date: April 25, 2020 07:30PM

Now that it is possible to enable case sansitive file and folder names it would be great if that funtionality could propagate to MariaDB. There are two settings involved

lower_case_file_system and
lower_case_table_names

where do i set these to be included in my.cnf or my.ini. I understand wampserver overwrites these.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Case sensitive Tables
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 25, 2020 08:18PM

Hi,

If you put the lower_case_file_system and lower_case_table_names directives in the my.ini file of the MariaDB version used, Wampserver will not override these directives in any way.

lower_case_file_system
Read-only variable describing whether the file system is case-sensitive. If set to OFF, file names are case-sensitive. If set to ON, they are not case-sensitive.

lower_case_table_names
If set to 0 (the default on Unix-based systems), table names and aliases and database names are compared in a case-sensitive manner. If set to 1 (the default on Windows), names are stored in lowercase and not compared in a case-sensitive manner. If set to 2 (the default on Mac OS X), names are stored as declared, but compared in lowercase.

What you forget is that Windows is completely case-insensitive for file and folder names and that tables are folders. Relying on these directives to make Windows case sensitive to file and folder names is utopian, unrealistic, and error prone.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.