Upgrading msql from 5.7 to 8.019
Posted by: wesonga (41.90.31.---)
Date: April 07, 2020 06:36AM

Hi, Please help me, how do i upgrade mysql version 5.7.28 to 8.019 i am stack on the way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Upgrading msql from 5.7 to 8.019
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 07, 2020 09:02AM

Hi,

The question to ask you is: "Do I absolutely need to upgrade from MySQL 5.7.28 to 8.0.19?"
If it ain't broke DONT FIX IT

Then as indicated here on WAMPserver 3 - All you need to know and on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net :
The only perennial and reliable way to transfer databases between different versions of MySQL or MariaDB should be done by EXPORT/IMPORT of SQL files using phpMyAdmin or similar tool. Do not copy the data folder between different versions of MYSQL or MariaDB. The contents of the data folders of different versions of MYSQL or MariaDB are not compatible! You could destroy the version of MYSQL or MariaDB to which you copied the data folder.

When you have read the text above, it says it all:
- Exporting databases as SQL files under MySQL 5.7.28
- Switch to MySQL 8.0.19
- Import databases under MySQL 8.0.19

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: wesonga (41.90.31.---)
Date: April 07, 2020 09:36AM

I did export in 5.7.28 as sql files, Then i IMPORTED in8.0.19, BUT i found in my new imported DATABASE some information cannot not be read hence empty information in my SQL reports.(THE IMPORTED SQL REPORTS LACKS INFORMATION OR ARE EMPTY WITHOUT INFORMATION)

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 07, 2020 10:22AM

Hi,

Some export parameters are probably missing. See the MySQL documentation on this subject and mainly the differences between 5.7 and 8.0.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.