Wampserver Upgrad
Posted by: dflory (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: April 05, 2020 10:05PM

Laptop recently died. Came back repaired but with the basic install from 4+ years ago, i.e. Windows 7 instead of 10 and nothing else. Trying to re-install Wampserver. Honestly, not sure what version I had before. When I install Wampserver 3.2, get errors about several runtime files missing (one ex. VCRUNTIME140.dll). I downloaded and install the C++ page that was supposed to fix that, but it caused other software to stop working. So I uninstalled 3.2 and installed 2.4. But need it to work with php 7.1, no can do, or so it seems.

Am I stuck here? Can I get php7.1 running on wampserver2.4? Or is there a resolution on 3.2? BTW, the other software is more important to me. Guessing I cannot have both C++ versions running.

nick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wampserver Upgrad
Posted by: Lerdic (---.rev.poneytelecom.eu)
Date: April 07, 2020 05:59AM

Maybe you miss some vcruntimes? You can install this Visual C++ Redistributables pack to be sure everything is ok.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2020 06:12AM by Lerdic.

Re: Wampserver Upgrad
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 07, 2020 09:28AM

Hi,

BEFORE installing Wampserver 3.2.0, you MUST respect the prerequisites that are displayed just before the installation actually starts.
- Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.