Allow Remote Put Offline/Online
Posted by: mallic (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: April 10, 2020 04:08AM

Is there a way to allow people to put wamp offline/online? I am trying to make it so one of my clients can update their SSL cert without me having to be there to RDP into the box to do this. My google fu wasn't particularly helpful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Allow Remote Put Offline/Online
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 10, 2020 09:07AM

Hi,

There is no option whatsoever to put Wampserver Online.

Local sites must be installed in VirtualHosts, as with all hosts, and it is at the level of each VirtualHost that you decide to allow access from the outside by modifying the Require directive of the VirtualHost.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: mallic (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: April 11, 2020 09:19AM

You are not understanding my question. Let me try to rephrase. In the wampserver system tray, there is a button labeled put offline. When hitting that, it stops apache and relevant services. Then hitting the put online button puts all the sites back into action. I seem to need to do this any time I update an SSL cert. I am trying to find a way to do that remotely.

I know apache itself can be restarted with SSH, I was just hoping someone knew an easier way

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 11, 2020 11:33AM

Hi,

> In the wampserver system tray, there is a button labeled put offline.
The "Put Online/Offline" option is completely obsolete since a long time and no longer exists with Wampserver 3.2.0.

It "makes sense" that if you change Apache configuration settings, among others an SSL certificate, you have to restart the Apache service for this to be taken into account. A priori, this is not possible remotely.

Perhaps by a batch file with the commands "net stop wampapache" and "net start wampapache".

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.