how to keep the computer from going to sleep when WAMP is active
Posted by: bones (172.58.139.---)
Date: April 01, 2020 06:17AM

1 - Win7 Pro 64-bit
2 - WampServer 3.20 64-bit
3 - Apache Version 2.4.41
4 - PHP Version 7.3.12
5 - MySQL Version 5.7.28
6 - What color is the WampServer icon- green. no wait, avocado. YAAAAAAaaaa...*thud*
7 - In the file c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, what are the active lines with the name [localhost] in them? * Active means no # at the beginning of the line.
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost
If the WampServer icon is green:
8 - Do you have access to localhost (Homepage WampServer)? yes
9 - Do you have access to phpMyAdmin? yes
10 - If you refer to an error message, please include the EXACT wording of the error in your post
no error message
11 - If you use an Antivirus and / or Firewall, please include the names of these
no antivirus or firewall
12 - What is the full path to the installation of WampServer (eg D:\wamp\)
e:\wamp64\

like a lot of people, I'm using WAMP as a server at home. as such, clients will connect infrequently and the computer spends most of the time sleeping.

when a client tries to connect, the computer wakes up and WAMP does its thing with no problem.

but, after the set time, the computer goes to sleep again and the client is cut off. has to refresh the connection to wake the computer again.

the only other option I know about is to set the computer to never sleep. but I don't want it running 24/7. I want it to sleep when not in use.

how do I keep the computer from going to sleep when WAMP is active (such as transfering a file or a user is changing pages on a forum) but allow it to sleep after a period of inactivity?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.