Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I can't update PHPmyAdmin
Posted by: Pisco (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: April 04, 2020 07:30PM

Hi,

What I meant is that I made the mistake of putting the same name for both: the local site and the data base I imported. I believe that was the reason the imported database overwrote the new one. It happened automatically when after creating the local host site - the site which Wordpress files are installed in the same root path of Wampserver (C:\wamp64\www\mysite), I imported the database. My intentions were that the database imported would be installed in another local virtual host (this site has the Wordpress files installed into any other folder.

As far as I know, if I want to change the name of a site I can only do that by accessing to: c:/wamp64/bin/apache/apache2.4.43/conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf, and delete the site from there. All in all, start all the process again, as if I was creating a new site

I didn't check yet on the Wordpress Codex forum but I am guessing that if I delete the second local virtual host and creating a new one with the same name that the database I want import, it might work.

I deleted my local host and therefore, the imported database too. The downside is that I lost lot of time to get a new local host. I wish it was another easy way to match Wordpress with a database.

Thanks a lot

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I can't update PHPmyAdmin
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: April 04, 2020 08:04PM

Hi,

> database imported overwrote the database created in my localhost because it had the same name.
Almost any name can be given to a database, and there is no requirement that the name be identical to the ServerName of the VirtualHost.

Then, the relationship between the VirtualHost and its database will be done in the VirtualHost configuration file where we will put for example: $dbname = 'name_of_my_database';, that's why we can choose the name we want.
Nevertheless, if you have several local sites, to find your way around more easily, you usually give the name of the site to the database.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.