Wamp Https setup help
Posted by: Aiden Wilkins (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 16, 2020 09:37PM

Ive tried many different tutorials and nothing seems to be working. [novastudios.tk] is the website. Im not using a self created cerficicate, im using one from [www.sslforfree.com]. When i put in [novastudios.tk] it redirects me to my router, its werid and and localhost doesnt prompt for or show the certifcate Do i need to port forward the 443 port?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2020 09:42PM by Aiden Wilkins.

Re: Wamp Https setup help
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: March 17, 2020 11:15AM

If you are attempting to access your WAMPServer's Apache from outside of your local network i.e. from the internet then yes you will have to port forward port 443.

You may also need to configure your firewall to allow access via port 443

As to any other help, as we are not clairvoyant and you have not really told us what you have or have not done in any detail, I will await more information

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Wamp Https setup help
Posted by: Aiden Wilkins (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: March 20, 2020 06:43PM

Thanks and sorry for the limited information on what i tried as most of it was just following tutorials. The port forwarding was my issue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.