Phpmyadmin & localhost
Posted by: russ1162@ (---.dsl.hrlntx.swbell.net)
Date: April 25, 2006 07:02AM

I cant seem to connect to localhost i just get an error page , services are running. directory is wamp/phpmyadmin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phpmyadmin & localhost
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 25, 2006 11:45AM

connect to:
[localhost]

search these forums, this question has been aswered 100 times already.

Post Edited (04-25-06 13:42)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Date: April 25, 2006 02:44PM

Yes but there all resolve with the removal of an AV or Firewall and i have Neither of them installed nor IIS

Post Edited (04-25-06 14:47)

Posted by: mouatte (---.smartpronet.com)
Date: April 25, 2006 03:33PM

I had the same problem. Mine was due to my company's use of a proxy server.

If your are on a network, try substituting "localhost" in the URL with your machines LAN IP address (if you need help finding that, just reply).

If that happens to be your issue, the only problem will then be that since all the pages default to "localhost", you will always have to manually replace "localhost" (127.0.0.1)with your IP. That is a real pain. I am hoping someone has the fix for that.

Not sure if that is your problem...but worth looking at.

RALPH

Date: April 26, 2006 12:46AM

I just tried that and still nothing... , maybe its not cofig correct. should it work right after the install with out changing the config?

Post Edited (04-26-06 00:57)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.