Password protect phpmyadmin
Posted by: clonevince (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 25, 2006 02:48AM

I followed the steps in the FAQ to eliminate the error message, it worked, but it didn't give the results i expected. I want people to have to login to phpmyadmin with whatever username/password they have, how do i reconfigure phpmyadmin to prompt for the user to login, before allowing them in the databases?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Password protect phpmyadmin
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 25, 2006 11:58AM

wamp is for local testing and development, why do you need to let others to have access to your databases (which is not a good idea)? if you insist to let people access your phpmyadmin, you need to set a password for the root user account since it has none. then you need to add each user to mysql permission table. you will need to make databases for each user, and then setup permissions correctly for each user and their database, so they only have access to their database, not everyone else’s. you will also need to protect your own databases from these users using permissions again. then you need to edit the phpmyadmin config file and edit all the settings needed to make phpmyadmin more secure, and allow and disallow certain features of phpmyadmin to your users. you then need to setup phpmyadmin to use cookie or http authentication so your users can login to their database.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.