WAMP behind Proxy
Posted by: mouatte (---.smartpronet.com)
Date: April 24, 2006 08:13PM

My companies use of a proxy server does not allow my WAMP server to utilize "localhost" as my URL to acess my "wwwroot" folder. (that is what my IT department told me)

Now anytime I want to acces WAMP's web or admin pages I have to replace "localhost" with the machines local IP address. Could anyone suggest what would be the best way to implement this so I can access these pages without haveing to manually replace the URL every time?

Thanks, RALPH

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP behind Proxy
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 25, 2006 12:40AM

ip addresses look something like this, but each computer has a different one so yours number will be different:

So, if that was your ip, open up your browser, and goto:
[123.25.205.200]

Post Edited (04-25-06 11:59)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Posted by: mouatte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 25, 2006 01:09AM

Thanks for the reply.

I know my machines IP address. The problem is that all the WAMPservices default to "localhost" (127.0.0.1) , so everytime I access a page, I have to manually replace "localhost " with my machines's IP. I was wondering if there is some way I can change to what IP the defults are. (my IP instead of 127.0.0.1)

I apologize if I am not being clear in my description.

Thanks, RALPH

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 25, 2006 12:05PM

find the file c:\wamp\wampserver.ini. Open it in NotePad, and go to Edit->Replace. In the box that says Find what, enter this:
http://localhost

in the box that says Replace with, enter your ip address like this:
http://123.25.205.200

remeber to relace the 123.25.205.200 part above with your actual ip address.

Posted by: mouatte (---.smartpronet.com)
Date: April 25, 2006 03:49PM

That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

I replaced all instances of "localhost" in the "wampserver.ini" file. Everything associated fine.

Thanks again for the assistance, RALPH

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.