WAN Connection to Apache
Posted by: caradepau (---.virtua.com.br)
Date: February 19, 2020 08:57PM

Alright, guys, i'm using WAMP 3.2.0 x64, Apache 2.4.41.

For testing purposes, i'm trying to access my server from the internet (WAN). I already opened and redirected "MyExternalIp:8080" to "MyPcIP:80" on my modem config and added exceptions on Windows Firewall.

When i connect to "localhost"/"MyPcIP" or "MyExternalIP:8080" from the PC where WAMP is running, i get to the WAMP Server homepage, as it should be.

Although, when i try to connect to "MyExternalIP:8080" from another device (i.e. my smartphone) and another network, it simply wont connect. Keeps getting "Timeout error" from chrome.

When i try to connect with my smartphone to "MyExternalIP:8080", but with the SAME network where WAMP is running, i can, but i don't think it serves the purposes i need.

Ah, when i try to check if port 8080 is listenable/opened in [canyouseeme.org] it says: "I could not see your service on "MyExternalIP" on port (8080)". (Apache is running on port 80 and traffic coming from MyExternalIP:8080 is being redirected to MyPcIP:80)

Although, when i put uTorrent to listen on port 8080, and check again, it says that the port is opened and a service is listening on it

Already tried to put Apache to run on port 8080 too, without having to redirect anything, but it wont work too, all the same as above.

Someone can help with a solution, please?
Can't find what in the world could this be

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.