Wireless Adapter Keeps Restarting
Posted by: El Riiico (---.cable.ubr04.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: April 23, 2006 04:21PM

Hey!

I've been using wamp on my laptop for over a year now with various builds. it was working fine, but the other day i started it up and i can't access it through localhost. Also, when i try and restart all services, my wireless adapter gets disabled.

Apache seems to be causing some stress to my hdd aswell, as the lights constantly on and apache is using 30% cpu which is a little unusual as i've never noticed it before.

I've tried uninstalling and performing a clean install, but it still suffers the same problems. I didn't modify any configuration files before this happened, it could possibly be all the windows updates i don't know.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wireless Adapter Keeps Restarting
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 23, 2006 11:08PM

when windows upgrades to SP2, it adds windows firewall,make sure windows firewall allows apache to run. If you do not know how, search these forums, I have posted a step by step detail on how to comlete the process.

Posted by: El Riiico (---.wlv.ac.uk)
Date: April 24, 2006 12:22AM

Windows firewall is off, has been since the first day i got my laptop. I use zone alarm, apache and all other aspects of wamp are fully secured for access. I've not modified zone alarm before or after the problem, so i doubt thats it. I've also tried running it with zone alarm fully disabled, but the same problem occurs.

Easy PHP and PHPDEV both work flawlessly, so its obviously something to do with wamp. I'd rather use wamp than either of those.

Thanks for the reply smiling smiley any other ideas?

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: April 24, 2006 03:45AM

I have windows xp home w/sp2, with zone alarm enabled, and windows firewall disabled working fine. When you start apache zone alarm firewall should ask if you want to let apache act as a server, select yes. do the same when zone asks to let mysql act as a server.

Also make sure apache and mysql are set to set in the program control feature in zone alarm firewall.

you also said you had easyphp installed. there have been many posts here lately with people having problems installing wamp after they uninstalled easyphp. seems to be when easyphp uninstalls, it does not uninstall everything, and is causing problems with wamp. I recommennd you post your question in the easyphp support area and see what your get.

Post Edited (04-24-06 03:56)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Posted by: El Riiico (---.wlv.ac.uk)
Date: April 24, 2006 01:41PM

Thanks for your reply, but maybe i should reiterate some things.

My configuration was working fine until a week ago, over a year of wamp/zone alarm with no problems. As i said, all aspects of wamp, including apache, mysql are all cleared for full access. I also tried turning zone alarm off. This cannot be a simple firewall issue, as when running without one i get the same problems. This isn't a new install, its been on my pc for months without issue.

I installed easyphp yesterday, as i needed an alternative. I've never used it before, only wamp. So thats not it either.

There are no other programs listening on port 80, i've using several tools such as netstat and they all concur.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.