when i committed a mistake. about password.. do is possible to reinstall and set a new pass?
Posted by: graphyconweb.server (---.250.226.102.dsl.dyn.telnor.net)
Date: December 28, 2019 12:05AM

IN NEED SET A NEW PASS... I CAN RESOLVE, I WISH TO KNOW IF I CAN RE INSTALL TO SET A NEW PASSWORD. THANK YOU FOR ANY SUGGESTING SOLUTION..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: when i committed a mistake. about password.. do is possible to reinstall and set a new pass?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 28, 2019 09:28AM

Hi,

Please stop shouting!

Thank you also for explaining calmly and precisely what is your problem.

A password for what?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: when i committed a mistake. about password.. do is possible to reinstall and set a new pass?
Posted by: graphyconweb.server (---.250.213.93.dsl.dyn.telnor.net)
Date: December 29, 2019 03:45PM

sorry. a password in phpmyadmin.. thank you Otomatic

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 29, 2019 05:00PM

Hi,

> a password in phpmyadmin.

Please note that after installing Wampserver, the MySQL username - so PhpMyAdmin - is "root" (without the quotes) and that there is no password, so you have to leave the Password field of the form empty.

If you have created a root password with PhpMyAdmin, it is managed by MySQL (or MariaDcool smiley, PhpMyAdmin does not manage passwords itself, MySQL does.

If you don't remember the password, there is no possibility to retrieve it, but it is possible to reassign another password, the procedure exists and must be followed methodically and rigorously.

But, before giving you the procedure, there may be simpler things to do depending on your needs:

- Which version of MySQL or MariaDB are you using?
- Do you have databases to recover?
- Do you have local sites?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.