wampserver or joomla issue?
Posted by: spangled-grunter (103.35.82.---)
Date: December 23, 2019 04:01AM

I have a joomla site on hostgator and lately joomla has notified that PHP 7.1 is out of date. PHP 7.2 was not available in the cpanel so I got tech support to edit the htaccess file to upgrqade to PHP 7.2 or 7.3. After 3 attempts the site did not work after the upgrade. Tech support advised the issue is with joomla. I have used wampserver on and off for a number of years so I installed it on my PC which some months ago I had upgraded to win10. I did a fresh install of wampserver and used Akeeba backup to establish the latest backup of my site. Wampserver starts fine, goes green and I can access the default localhost and phpMyadmin but it will not load my site. I have gone through most everything in the troubleshooting tips and the Akeeba creates the htaccess.txt file. I am wondering if in fact the issues with the PHP version. I have tried changing to the PHP version in wampserver 5.6, 7.2 and 7.2 none resolve the issue. On Hostgator my site works fine with PHP 7.1 and it is not available to me in wamp. Is there a way to make 7.1 available in wamp and is there anything else I should check?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wampserver or joomla issue?
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 23, 2019 09:38AM

Re: wampserver or joomla issue?
Posted by: spangled-grunter (103.35.82.---)
Date: December 24, 2019 04:45AM

There was something wrong with my joomla site preventing it from displaying on wamp. I fixed it by restoring a backup and after updating all components it works fine on wamp with all versions of PHP. I have uploaded the site to HG and the problems with PHP persist. They have escalated my issue and will be installing PHP 7.3 on my domain. We'll see how that goes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.