I can't publish or make live my site on the web
Posted by: Anonymous User (92.80.254.---)
Date: December 17, 2019 02:58PM

Hello , users of WAMP , i just want to publish a site and I cant quite succeed to do so , i follow many tutorials along the way and still cant sort it out , I believe those are old and dont work anymore.
My concern is , that , I have added a virtual hosts , it appers right after i click on the wamp (left mouse click) , and it shows the server , as is working with a internet shortcut icon , but when i check it on other devices , it gaves me the error that it cannnot find the IP of the server, I have also inserted in my /drivers/etc/hosts/ file the ip 127.0.0.1 and the domain , ( with the localhost as main site of the file ) , and secondly my site right before localhost , but doenst work out , the error that appers on the server when i connect is : ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED , and also I inserted into /conf/extra the file :

ServerAdmin mail@yourdomain.com
DocumentRoot "c:\wamp\www"
ServerName mysite.local
ErrorLog "logs/yourdomain.com.log"
CustomLog "logs/yourdomain.com-access.log" common

(yourdomain is my site)
Do you guys have any tips, new tips of how i can solve this and help me to publish my server on-line?
It will be greatly appreciated your answers , Thanks.
My httpd.vhosts.conf file is :

# Virtual Hosts
#
<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName localhost
  ServerAlias localhost
  DocumentRoot "${INSTALL_DIR}/www"
  <Directory "${INSTALL_DIR}/www/">
    Options +Indexes +Includes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
    AllowOverride All
    Require local
  </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName www.theworldssports.com
	DocumentRoot "c:/wamp64/www/sport"
	<Directory  "c:/wamp64/www/sport/">
		Options +Indexes +Includes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews
		AllowOverride All
		Require local
	</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

( i removed as well the "#" on virtual hosts line
# Virtual hosts
 Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf

But doesn't work , do I have some extra changes to do ? I have tried even with that removed , but doesn't work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2019 03:06PM by RiggsFolly.

Re: I can't publish or make live my site on the web
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: December 17, 2019 03:10PM

Hi,

It would appear that you are using an old version of WAMPServer, but maybe I am wrong??

Can you please answer ALL the questions on this sticky post called READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.