Changing PHP Version
Posted by: Claudius (---.bardstown.com)
Date: November 14, 2019 05:06PM

What are the implications of changing the PHP version in the WAMP control panel? What will changing the PHP version do to my running humhub instance?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changing PHP Version
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: November 14, 2019 05:38PM

Well it will run with the version of PHP that you switched to!

Of course I dont know what humhub is and I dont know what its particular requirements are.

So it is just possible it wont run with the newly selected version of PHP.

But as you dont even tell us which version of PHP you are using and which you are considering switching to, ALL I AM DOING IS GUESSING!!!!!

So please READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION so we get a bit of clue about where you are smiling smiley Then you can ask the question again

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2019 05:38PM by RiggsFolly.

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 14, 2019 07:21PM

Hi,

And, if once switched to another PHP version, it doesn't work, it only takes five seconds to return to the original PHP version.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: Claudius (---.bardstown.com)
Date: November 14, 2019 09:09PM

Sorry, I should have been more specific as in is there any preparatory work that needs to be performed before moving the check mark.

How much coffee do you drink?

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: November 15, 2019 10:43AM

There is nothing you have to do but click the menu item.
WampServer will then restart Apache automatically, and within a few second you will be using the new PHP Version.

As to preparation, I would first chcek that whatever PHP code I was running was compatible with the version of PHP I was considering moving to.

I may even install a new WAMPServer on another machine to test this !!!

As Oto says, if the code does not run on the new version, another 5 seconds should allow you to click the Original PHP Version on the menu and get back to where you started from.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.