Your Projects links not working in version 3.2.0
Posted by: carolinb (---.ss.shawcable.net)
Date: December 09, 2019 07:20PM

I have installed wamp 3.2.0 on a new computer. I have wamp 3.1.4 installed on another computer.

The Your Projects list, on the localhost homepage, shows just the name of a project (eg. myproject) which I have stored in C:\wamp64\www\myproject.

It does not appear like the Your Projects list on my other computer, where Your Projects list includes a folder icon and a link to localhost/myproject/.

How do I get the localhost links, localhost/myproject/, to appear in the Your Projects list in version 3.2.0?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Your Projects links not working in version 3.2.0
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: December 09, 2019 07:27PM

It would be a better idea to make A Virtual Host for each of your projects.

Leaving the `localhost/folder` construct can leave you with nasty surprises when you come to move a site to a live server otherwise

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Re: Your Projects links not working in version 3.2.0
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: December 09, 2019 07:56PM

Hi,

> How do I get the localhost links, localhost/myproject/, to appear in the Your Projects list in version 3.2.0?

It is indicated in the changelog of Wampserver 3.2.0:
Obsolete options no more supported: Online/Offline, Change Services Names and Add localhost in url

These were options that remained for historical reasons and were becoming increasingly difficult to maintain. These options will not be implemented again in a later version of Wampserver.

You must use VirtualHost as all hosting providers do, especially since with the integrated tools to wampserver, a VirtualHost is created in three clicks.

See : The need for Virtual Host and Wampserver 3 - Create or add a VirtualHost

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.