Wampserver 3.2.0 and Aestan Tray Menu
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 27, 2019 05:38PM

Hello,

I have written several times in this forum that the heart of Wampmanager (The Wampserver Manager) is Aestan Tray Menu designed by Onno Broekmans and compiled with Borland Delphi 6.

wampmanager.exe, the icon you see in the system tray, basically generates the initialization file wampmanager.ini from instructions held in the wampmanager.tpl file which allows us to create menus and submenus via the right-click and left-click on the Wampmanager icon.

The items in these menus can perform multiple tasks: display a text, launch an executable or a PHP script with parameter passing, start and stop services, etc.
The development of Aestan Tray Menu was stopped with version 1.6.2.37 of 3/9/2008. Since then, Aestan Tray Menu has been used on many versions of Windows: XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 in 32 and 64 bit, without any problems.
It has managed Apache from V2.2.6 to V2.4.41, PHP from V5.2.17 to V7.4.0, MySQL from V5.0.45 to V8.0.17 and their respective services without missing a beat. Going back a little further in time, Aestan Tray Menu supported Apache 1.3 and PHP 4.

On this and other forums, I have expressed my concern several times that with the successive evolutions of Windows, Aestan Tray Menu may no longer work properly and that then it would mean the demise of Wampserver. Aestan Tray Menu having been transferred to the Public Domain by its designer, Onno Broekmans, I looked at the source, but I quickly understood that I had neither the skills nor the recent tools essential for a recompilation.

Then, one day, on June 25 2019, on a forum I frequent, I saw with amazement in a message from a participant, Maximus23 this post: "Following the update of windows 10 I had some errors with "Aestan Tray Menu" so I started fixing some things and I recompiled everything which was not an easy task."

From there, I began work as tester of this new Aestan Tray Menu. I created problem reports, requests for modifications and/or additions to which Maximus23 responded with rigour, tenacity and perseverance, going so far as to completely rewrite the libraries used. Maximus23 has also completely rewritten the error handler so now an error is clearly displayed and no longer crashes Aestan Tray Menu, moreover, the error text is automatically copied to the clipboard.

As the compiler used is now Delphi Community Edition 10.3.1, Maximus23 has compiled a 32-bit and a 64-bit version of Aestan Tray Menu.
These two versions will be used in WAMPServer V3.2.0 and above.

A huge thank you to Maximus23.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wampserver 3.2.0 and Aestan Tray Menu
Posted by: ciprianmp (---.131-242-81.adsl-dyn.isp.belgacom.be)
Date: November 27, 2019 11:48PM

Big thanks to Maximus23 and you Otomatic! It sounds like a great achievement from what you describe, well done!

On the other hand, the winamp_update_3.2.0 installers have not been uploaded on sourceforge yet, for us to try the new features. Will they be available soon for download?
Thank you!

Ciprian M.

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: November 28, 2019 12:02AM

Hi,

Do you know about the backup repo that Oto maintains?

Find it here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: November 28, 2019 12:45AM

Got it!
[wampserver.aviatechno.net]

Ciprian M.

Date: November 28, 2019 01:07AM

Just a small glitch:
On first start up after update, images_on.bmp was missing (removed by installer).
After I copied it from a backup, everything worked fine.

Ciprian M.

Date: November 28, 2019 11:30AM

Hi,

> On first start up after update, images_on.bmp was missing (removed by installer).
Since the obsolete Online/Offline option is deleted, there is no reason to have this file.

Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Date: November 28, 2019 12:13PM

Yes Otomatic, but the app crashes reporting missing file. Only after I put it back, wampserver could start (the tray app crashes). I am talking about the 3.2.0 updated version, not the clean install.

PS: I send you the updated Romanian language pack in a second.

Ciprian M.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2019 12:17PM by ciprianmp.

Date: November 29, 2019 11:40AM

Then there may be something else wrong with your instance of WAMPServer.
It runs just fine for me on W10 using both 32bit and 64bit WAMPServer WITHOUT the `images_on.bmp` file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: November 29, 2019 11:54AM

Hi,

> It runs just fine for me on W10 using both 32bit and 64bit WAMPServer WITHOUT the `images_on.bmp` file.

This may be a misreset remainder of the Online/Offline usage.
Normally, in the file wampmanager.tpl, we should have the line:
ImageList=images_off.bmp
This line may have remained with image_on.bmp, so simply modify it.

Note: This line is not checked or modified with update 3.2.0

Posted by: ciprianmp (212.21.197.---)
Date: November 29, 2019 04:36PM

That must be it then, as before updating my server was put online. Will check when I get home. Thank you!

Ciprian M.

Posted by: baggerest (---.HINET-IP.hinet.net)
Date: December 04, 2019 08:04AM

hi , why Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.2.2 can't use MenuItemOnline? thank you.

Date: December 04, 2019 09:41AM

Hi,

> why Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.2.2 can't use MenuItemOnline?

Could you clarify your question, because I don't understand what the problem is here.

Date: December 04, 2019 12:15PM

Oto,

I think the person means the old and now defunct `Put Online`

This menu has not had any real function for quite some time.
You should be creating Virtual Hosts for your site and when you do this the `Put Online` does not do anything useful.
But the good news is with a Virtual Host defined it is not possible to open ONE of your sites to the internet without opening all of them to the internet, but simply chnaging the definition of ONE of the sites manually.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.