multiple wampserver
Posted by: nadra (5.63.1.---)
Date: November 26, 2019 06:02PM

Hello
I was installing wamp server 3.1.0 on windows 10 64bit and I have many database on it,,
after time I installed wampserver 3.1.39 on the same pc and another driver D,, but when I run the old one I can not find my old database on phppmyadmin
but when I checked on file data under mysql
how can open old one with old database
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: multiple wampserver
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: November 26, 2019 07:14PM

Hi,

By installing a new version of Wampserver on a PC that already had another one, you installed the new Apache and MySQL services that replaced the "old" services that had the same names.
This means that when you launch the old version of Wampserver, it is the new services that start, so, among other things, the new version of MySQL and not the old one, which means that your old databases are not seen.

- Exit the currently launched versions of Wampserver.
New services must be deleted in order to recreate old ones.
Open a command window as administrator: the word Administrator must be in the title bar.
In this command window, you must type the following commands successively, waiting between each one for the return of the command prompt:
sc delete wampapache64

sc delete wampmysqld64

sc delete wampmariadb64

Exit the command window by exit.
Launch the old version of Wampserver. Of course, the icon will not be green since there are no more services.
We will create the "old" services:
- Left-click Wampmanager icon -> Apache -> Administration service -> Install service.
Do the same for MySQL and MariaDB if available.
It is now time to start the services:
Left-click -> Start services

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Re: multiple wampserver
Posted by: nadra (5.63.1.---)
Date: November 26, 2019 08:16PM

Thanks I did what did you write and now how can I install the new version of wamp to another driver same pc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.