Could not execute menu item (internal error)
Posted by: hnuecke (---.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de)
Date: October 16, 2019 02:40AM

Although I completely re-installed Wamp i cannot open php.ini using the menu options (php - php.ini).
And php error log neither.
I checked VC++ and all needed versions are available.
I'm on a Windows 10 machine.

The error message i get is:
Aestan Tray Menu
Could not execute menu item (internal error)
[Exception] Could not execute run action:
The system could not find the selected file

(The last line was translated from German)
I encounter problems getting connected with XDEBUG, and could imagine that parameter settings for XDEBUG might not be made for the correct php.ini.

As a side note: I also have XAMPP installed, which I use for tests of special S programs. I realized that when entering "php --ini" in the IntelliJ IDEA terminal, an xampp.php.ini is listed, although I'm in a WAMP folder...

How can I solve this problem? It would be nice getting direct access to the correct php.ini file. And once that works I hope my other problem also is gone ;-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Could not execute menu item (internal error)
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 16, 2019 09:27AM

Hi,

Xampp interferes with Wampserver.
And this may be due to a php.ini related to xampp in Windows.

> Could not execute menu item (internal error)
> [Exception] Could not execute run action:
> The system could not find the selected file
This means that the file php.exe or php-win.exe specified in wampmanager.ini does not exist or that the file wampmanager.ini is "infected".

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: October 16, 2019 12:11PM

Question:
Do you have anything XAMPP on the windows PATH?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Posted by: hnuecke (---.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de)
Date: October 27, 2019 05:20PM

Sorry for the late reply, some days of vacation distracted me ;-) !

Yes, XAMPP is installed because I need it for another project. But I stopped all XAMPP services.

What can I do to "hide" XAMPP while I want to use WAMP?`

Modify any default path (xampp or wamp) , install xampp or wamp on a different disk, change a setting in e.g. wampmanager.ini, ???

Thanks for any hint I could try!

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: October 28, 2019 11:03AM

So XAMPP must add something to the Windows PATH.

This is not good for WAMPSevrer as it does NOT amend or need or like the PATH to be amended to contain a path to the php executable, because WAMPServer can have many versions of PHP installed waiting to be activated.

There is also no real need to have the php.exe folder on the PATH for anything, but some add it to make finding the PHP CLI easier.

I suggest you consider using a little batch file like this and amend it a little to let you tell it to use either XAMPP's folders or WAMPServers folders

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.