PHP problems
Posted by: Pisco (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: October 13, 2019 07:17PM

Hi,
I created a form on my localhost website but the messages are not delivered. I searched online for any possible explanation and I found that is a PHP issue. The recommendation I found to sort out the problem is using any SMTP plugins out there in wordpress. It doesn't seems very safety to use them because, as far as I know, the plugin log into your email account in order to deliver your messages and, if the plugin is hacked then you could be in trouble.
I would appreciate if I could get some help to fix this problem through PHP. I am not using any hosting. My site is installed on my computer. I checked the PHP log error but I don't know which error message is related to the form. I tried recently to send a message using the form but it doesn't appear on log error -Why?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PHP problems
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: October 14, 2019 04:40AM

Hi Again

Windows does not come with an Email Server installed.

There are email servers that you can install on windows such as hMailServer. But even if you do it is unlikely that any email you send will be accepted by the recipients mail server.

The only other option is to use a library like PHPMailer that connects to your SMTP Email account like Google or Yahoo and uses that to send email.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 14, 2019 11:00AM

Hi,
Thanks for the information. So this is not a PHP problem then? Why they say that?
I never heard of PHPMailer.
Will I still need a SMTP anyway? What's the difference if I only use the SMTP alone or If I use the PHPMailer + any SMTP?
Where I can get PHPMailer, is it a Wordpress plugin?

So far I am only testing the form on my localhost, but my site is not alive.Can PHPMailer give you the chance to set any email account provider like Outlook, AOL, Zoho etc, or is limited to gmail and yahoo ?

Thanks a lot for your attention,

Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: October 14, 2019 03:01PM

Hi,

These are all things that new developer needs to research for themselves.
Just because installing WAMPServer is done with a couple of clicks does not mean that it also imparts instant knowledge on the Clicker. That takes research and experimentation, but that is just what WAMPServer was designed for.

There are at least 2 WP plugins to assist with SMTP emailing, I am no WP expert, that is from a 30 second Goggle I did.

Basically WAMPServer is here to allow you to play/experiment with all these things. However we do not support each and every Framework/CMS/Utility or tool you find out there on the internet. That is for you to research for yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: October 14, 2019 05:39PM

Hi,
Yeah, I know, but it never hurts to ask to somebody who know more about this things. Thanks anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.