Virtual Host Sub-Menu is on/checked green, but Virtual Host page thinks it's off.
Posted by: cjbriley (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 11, 2019 02:43AM

Preface: I am very new to all of this, don't have a considerable web development background, and am learning as I go from tutorials, forums, etc. There's a very high likely hood I missed something very obvious.

I was attempting to follow the WAMPServer 3 Guide to create a virtual host. [forum.wampserver.com] - which seems very simple and straightforward.

The first time I opened the "Add a Virtual Host" page on the localhost homepage, it seemed normal - there were input fields, etc. I put in the data, generated the host, and ended up back at the homepage. I then restarted DNS, as instructed.

However, the Homepage now has no Virtual Host Menu as this implies:

``` After this "time" it is stated that unfortunately certain operations required for the recognition by Windows and and Apache of this new VirtualHost can not be performed automatically by the browser, so, as shown:
- Right-Click Wampmanager Icon -> Tools -> Restart DNS
Wait until the icon turns green.
Click on Back to home
You now have Your VirtualHost Your menu, at right with such items:
- localhost
- sitename
Likewise, you also have this submenu Your VirtualHosts with Wampmanager icon. ```

Concerned, I went back to "Add a Virtual Host" but the page has the "The VirtualHost sub-menu item must be set to (On) in the Wamp Settings Right-Click menu. Then reload this page" error on it. I checked WAMP Settings, and VirtualHost sub-menu has a green check mark. I attempted to refresh it, attempted to toggle the checkmark, and nothing changed. In fact, I can't affect any of the things in WAMP Settings.

For the record, I am sure of the following:
I am running the tool as an Administrator (on Windows 10)
The Icon is Green and All Services are running.
My Project is listed under YourProjects on the localhost homepage, and is accessible there and working fine.

Hopefully my issue is something mundane and trivial, but after scouring the Troubleshooting Tips and "Read First" I am still at a loss.

Answers to "Read First" questions:

1 - Windows version used (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit) Windows 10, 64bit
2 - Version WampServer (Specify version number AND whether 32 or 64 bit) wampserver 3.1.9 64bit
3 - Apache Version 2.4.39
4 - PHP Version 7.2.18
5 - MySQL Version 5.7.26
5a - MariaDB version if applicable 10.3.14
6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar) Green
7 - In the file c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, what are the active lines?
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

127.0.0.1 encountergenerator
::1 encountergenerator
(encountergenerator is the name of the project)

8 - Do you have access to localhost (Homepage WampServer)? Yes
8a - If so, is there an error message at the bottom of the page? No

9 - Do you have access to phpMyAdmin? Yes

10 - If you refer to an error message, please include the EXACT wording of the error in your post. Done
11 - If you use an Antivirus and / or Firewall, please include the names of these. Only default Windows
12 - What is the full path to the installation of WampServer (eg D:\wamp\) C:\wamp64
13 - If you have one or more Virtual Hosts defined, please show their definition(s) N/A

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Virtual Host Sub-Menu is on/checked green, but Virtual Host page thinks it's off.
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 11, 2019 09:27AM

Hi,

Right-Click -> Tools -> Create Wampserver configuration report

then put here the content of the file
Right-Click -> Tools -> Wampserver Configuration Report

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.