Error: Unrecognized parameter name WAMPMYSQLOFFName
Posted by: Nanou (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: October 01, 2019 06:32PM

Hello,

I have this problem. when I click on wampserver icon, a pop up windows appears with this message :

"The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 27: Unrecognized parameter name WAMPMYSQLOFFName"

I'm reading the post of Rapoirot (09/02/2019) and make all process recommanded by Otomatic but it's continues...

I am using wampserver64 3.1.7

Can somebody help me?

Thanks for your answers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error: Unrecognized parameter name WAMPMYSQLOFFName
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: October 01, 2019 06:47PM

The usual reason for this is that you ran the WAMPServer install as a normal user and NOT from and ADMINISTRATOR Account

See POINT 2 in the Troubleshooting Document

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 06:47PM by RiggsFolly.

Re: Error: Unrecognized parameter name WAMPMYSQLOFFName
Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: October 01, 2019 07:25PM

Hi,

> I am using wampserver64 3.1.7
You should install version 3.1.9 and do it "as an administrator"
What I advise you to do:

- 1 - Uninstall Wampserver 3.1.7

- 2 - Verify that all VC ++ packages are installed and with the latest versions.
To do this, use the tool:
Checks VC++ packages installed
Do not use a previously loaded tool. Make a new download to make sure you are using the correct version.
To download missing packages, do not rely on Microsoft links, they are not reliable, download packages on http://wampserver.aviatechno.net in section Visual C++ Redistribuable Packages
Do not forget that if you have a 64 bit Windows, you must install both 32 and 64 bit versions of each package.
You must install each package "as an administrator", so right-click the exe file and then run as Administrator.

- 3 - Install Wampserver 3.1.9

Why ?
> "The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 27:
> Unrecognized parameter name WAMPMYSQLOFFName"
This shows that the term WAMPMYSQLOFF in the wampmanager.ini file that should have been replaced by nothing or by ; was not replaced during installation, which shows, as RiggsFolly wrote, that the installer was not launched as an administrator.

Nota : Vu votre FAI proxad.net, je vous signale que le forum Wampserver francophone est [forum.wampserver.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2019 01:05PM by Otomatic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.