Access forbidden when trying to access wamp from external
Posted by: hassanayoub85 (194.246.88.---)
Date: September 18, 2019 06:49PM

Hello,
I have windows server 2016 VPS, I installed wamp sevrer on it and change it's ports and form the VPS I can access my ip:port successfully.
I configured the firewall to allow access to this port as tcp, and I can access the site from external network (WWW), however the serve ralways rturns "Access forbidden", any idea?
Thx

------------------------------------
Answers:
1 - Windows Server 2016 64 bit)
2 - Wampserver 3.1.9 64 bit
3 - Apache 2.4.39
4 - PHP 7.2.18
5 - MySQL 5.7.26
5a - MariaDB 10.3.14
6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar) green
7 - In the file c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, what are the active lines?
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

If the WampServer icon is green:

8 - Do you have access to localhost (Homepage WampServer)? yes
8a - If so, is there an error message at the bottom of the page? no

9 - Do you have access to phpMyAdmin? yes

10 - If you refer to an error message, please include the EXACT wording of the error in your post
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/2.4.39 (Win64) PHP/7.2.18 Server at pc4tc.us Port 9999

11 - If you use an Antivirus and / or Firewall, please include the names of these: no Antivirus, windows firewall with port 9999 allowed
12 - What is the full path to the installation of WampServer (eg D:\wamp\): C:\wamp64
13 - If you have one or more Virtual Hosts defined, please show their definition(s): how to know them?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2019 08:10AM by hassanayoub85.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Access forbidden when trying to access wamp from external
Posted by: RiggsFolly (Moderator)
Date: September 18, 2019 08:59PM

Hi

Why did you change the port?

What port did you change from and to? Was thsi Apache or MySQL?

The more info you give us the better we can help.

Please, READ (and answer) BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Windows 10 Pro 64bit) (Wampserver 3.3.4 64bit) Aestan Tray Menu 3.2.5.4
<Apache versions MULTIPE> <PHP versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Versions MULTIPLE>
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Read The Manuals Apache -- MySQL -- PHP -- phpMyAdmin
Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Date: September 19, 2019 08:15AM

Why did you change the port? Because I have IIS and II use it with .net apps

What port did you change from and to? Apache from 80 to 9999 and mysql from 3306 to 3308

-------------------
1 - Windows Server 2016 64 bit)
2 - Wampserver 3.1.9 64 bit
3 - Apache 2.4.39
4 - PHP 7.2.18
5 - MySQL 5.7.26
5a - MariaDB 10.3.14
6 - What color is the WampServer icon (in the notification area of the taskbar) green
7 - In the file c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts, what are the active lines?
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

If the WampServer icon is green:

8 - Do you have access to localhost (Homepage WampServer)? yes
8a - If so, is there an error message at the bottom of the page? no

9 - Do you have access to phpMyAdmin? yes

10 - If you refer to an error message, please include the EXACT wording of the error in your post
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Apache/2.4.39 (Win64) PHP/7.2.18 Server at pc4tc.us Port 9999

11 - If you use an Antivirus and / or Firewall, please include the names of these: no Antivirus, windows firewall with port 9999 allowed
12 - What is the full path to the installation of WampServer (eg D:\wamp\): C:\wamp64
13 - If you have one or more Virtual Hosts defined, please show their definition(s): how to know them?

Date: September 19, 2019 11:13AM

Where have you put your web site code, by that I mean which folder.

Also you shoudl read The need for Virtual Hosts

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<MariaDB versions MULTIPLE> <phpMyAdmin versions MULTIPLE> <MySQL Workbench 8.0.23>

Get your Apache/MySQL/mariaDB/PHP ADDONs here from the WAMPServer alternate Repo
-X-X-X- Backup your databases regularly Here is How dont regret it later! Yes even when developing -X-X-X-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2019 02:54PM by RiggsFolly.

Date: September 19, 2019 02:18PM

I am new to servers and wamp etc, lol.
i have 2 subfolders in my root directory, wp and myapp.
From the VPS browser's all working fine

Date: September 19, 2019 02:55PM

Start by reading the link I gave you.

Create a Virtual Host for both sites.

Then within the Virtual Host you can allow access from remote machines

Date: September 19, 2019 08:19PM

wow it is like i am reading letters from mars smiling smiley

Date: September 19, 2019 09:19PM

Knowledge is not installed with a simple click!!!

See my signature section for links to all the relevant documentation and user manuals

Posted by: Otomatic (Moderator)
Date: September 20, 2019 07:30PM

Hi,

> wow it is like i am reading letters from mars

With Wampserver, you have installed a web server, a database server, PHP language and SQL queries.
Congratulations, that means you're now supposed to be:

- Network administrator
- Web server administrator
- Database Administrator
- Developer
- Analyst
- Programmer.
- etc.

All these roles normally occupy at least one person per zone. These people are expected to know what they are doing before they start.

WAMPServer is mainly a LEARNING TOOL, so that people can learn and try to take one or more of these trades in hand.

Once out of the box, WAMPServer works 99.9% of the time. The remaining 0.1% is mainly due to non-compliance with the prerequisites.

However, the skills needed to use it correctly are not acquired on their own, and are not part of the Wampserver box.

The role of this forum is to allow you to have the basic operation of Wampserver, i. e.:
- Green Icon of the notification of the green taskbar.
- Access to the Wampserver homepage "localhost"
- No error message at the bottom of the "localhost" page
- Local access to PhpMyAdmin

Once there, Wampserver is functional; the rest: installation of CMS or WEB application, access from outside, resolution of PHP errors, etc. is not within the scope of this forum.

Our parents spent hours and hours teaching us to go to the potty when we were in our infancy, because knowing how to use the toilet is an essential skill in society.
Our teachers have spent months and years teaching us to read, write and count.
In secondary school, we spent many months learning one or more foreign languages.
By majority, even after hours of accompanied driving, it took at least twenty hours of training to "know" how to drive a car.
I spent four years of apprenticeship before practicing my profession, then five years at the Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (National Conservatory of Arts and Crafts) to perfect my knowledge and skills.
Nevertheless, popular belief would have us all be computer wizards at a stroke of a magic wand.
As long as we do not firmly explain that computing (yes, it is very general but good...) is like reading, writing, counting, like a language or a culture: you have to learn and practice for a long time to "use" it correctly, everyone will think they are a computer scientist from the moment they use Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Google, and at 5% of the possibilities, Word, Excel or Powerpoint.
Today, advertisers, marketers, salespeople say exactly the opposite, that the computer can do everything, easily and simply, difficult to blame too much on the consumer to whom it flatters the ego.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Documentation Apache - Documentation PHP - Documentation MySQL - Wampserver install files & addons

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.